Shooting gallery - Glasgow

neil w

Shooting gallery Is about to open In Glasgow. Running costs over 3 years adequates to 2 million pounds.

Just take you're junk, and the staff with make sure you inject It safely. And support you, through the hole process !!.

Honestly, people can't get medical care that they need. But will support good for nothing wasters.

It's easy to look at the cost and take a negative view. However the savings brought about by clean use, reduction in HIV cases and any other associated diseases may end up saving the NHS far more than the scheme costs.

IIRC similar schemes in Portugal have actually lowered the number of addicts by channeling those who attend towards rehabilitation programs.

Really !!!. There's nothing a 45 gallon drum of methadone wouldn't sort out. Take as much as they wish.

On a remote island somewhere, full board of course. That will save a lot of money.

Less crime, no begging. It's a win,win situation. And also free up some space In hospitals. These junkies take up, treat the needy not the self inflicted.

It's easy to look at the cost and take a negative view. However the savings brought about by clean use, reduction in HIV cases and any other associated diseases may end up saving the NHS far more than the scheme costs.

IIRC similar schemes in Portugal have actually lowered the number of addicts by channeling those who attend towards rehabilitation programs.

This

Most places shooting galleries are run see less street crime, less needles left laying around, less OD's - all of which saves money for us so don't have a problem with it

This

Most places shooting galleries are run see less street crime, less needles left laying around, less OD's - all of which saves money for us so don't have a problem with it

10 days ago, my 9 year old daughter, hurt her arm. Playing on a climbing frame at the park.

She was In hospital at 8.30 pm. The hospital was awash with junkies !!. They all got treatment before my daughter, they arrived after us.

My daughter never got treatment until 8am the following morning. Diagnosed with a broken arm. So treatment Is allocated to good for nothing scum, that cost the health service a fortune.

They should give them a full syringe of pure heroin that would sort there problem

You go to the chemists there's a 20 minute wait for your prescription yet these junkies walk in get a glass of water taken into a room with 2 staff and are given there methadone there and then the biggest drain and wasters on the NHS

They should give them a full syringe of pure heroin that would sort there problem

You go to the chemists there's a 20 minute wait for your prescription yet these junkies walk in get a glass of water taken into a room with 2 staff and are given there methadone there and then the biggest drain and wasters on the NHS

Absolutely, couldn't agree more.

10 days ago, my 9 year old daughter, hurt her arm. Playing on a climbing frame at the park.

She was In hospital at 8.30 pm. The hospital was awash with junkies !!. They all got treatment before my daughter, they arrived after us.

My daughter never got treatment until 8am the following morning. Diagnosed with a broken arm. So treatment Is allocated to good for nothing scum, that cost the health service a fortune.

In ten years time if your daughter is a junkie will you think of her as scum.

Blatently trolling or down right ******* lonely either way- try and engage your brain before the keyboard in future!

Why is he trolling? It's a legitimate question, I was thinking of posting something along similar lines myself. I would say that comments about shooting pure heroin were far more trollish.

As for the answer . . . well I mean it's not like any kids with a good upbringing have ever gone bad is it? :hmm:

Why is he trolling? It's a legitimate question, I was thinking of posting something along similar lines myself. I would say that comments about shooting pure heroin were far more trollish.

As for the answer . . . well I mean it's not like any kids with a good upbringing have ever gone bad is it? :hmm:

We'll, it's how you define their upbringing. Tot, the values of life. Or make a spoiled *******.

The guy was refering to his own personal experience- something toontastic and youself failed to grasp.

Now- if you'd sit amd go through that with a child of yours and say nothing....

I agree with the idea of somewhere for drug addicts to safely take their drugs.

People always have, and always will experiment with drugs. And unfortunately some of these people will become addicted.

It doesn't make them any less human, it makes them more vulnerable. And if they can preserve some form of dignity by taking their drugs in a clean safe environment, away from the general public and hopefully get some help along the way then good luck to them. Anybody can fall foul of addiction, just hope that it's not you or yours.

Edited by owain

People always have, and always will experiment with drugs. And unfortunately some of these people will become addicted.

It doesn't make them any less human, it makes them more vulnerable. And if they can preserve some form of dignity by taking their drugs in a clean safe environment, away from the general public and hopefully get some help along the way then good luck to them. Anybody can fall foul of addiction, just hope that it's not you or yours.

You think It's good money spent,on people that can't help their self's. When people need medical treatment, not due to drug addiction. They've payed into the system for years, and they can't get the treatment they solely deserve in time. And junkies get there own special treatment for claiming there money on the dole and spent on junk. Do you think this Is fair !!.

The guy was refering to his own personal experience- something toontastic and youself failed to grasp.

Now- if you'd sit amd go through that with a child of yours and say nothing....

Hang on a second here. I started off with a legitimate, calm and rational response to the OP. Nowhere in that OP did it have any mention of any personal experience. It was simply a condemnation of a government scheme designed to help addicts. Only later did the personal experience involving the daughter come into it.

I can do many things, but I can't read what isn't yet written.

I'm sorry if neil w and especially his daughter had such a bad experience. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

However, at the same time, it's not me that is wishing death upon people who happen to have become addicted to a particularly insidious form of drug is it?

People from all walks of life can become addicted to drugs. From the lowest to the highest. Some are undoubtedly unpleasant people, some though are not, they are just people who made a mistake and many of them would love to escape from the lifestyle they find themselves in. However not all of them can afford to book themselves into a high priced clinic and seek a cure.

So you are then left with a choice. Leave them to it, which will undoubtedly find them straying into a life of crime or prostitution, a life where they will quite possibly find themselves ravaged by disease which in turn the taxpayer will end up footing the bill for. Or using that same money maybe find a way to cure their addiction/illness and hopefully see them rejoin society as a useful contributing human being.

I'm not saying for one minute that they should have preferential treatment but by the same measure I'm not saying they should be abandoned either. When it comes down to it, they're all someone's son or daughter. As the saying goes "There but for the grace of God go I".

Well said owain I have to agree with this and in particular toontastics and DM's comments!!

I find the original post a rather ignorant view. Also It quite amazes me how some folk can predict anothers susceptibility to the influence of drugs based on an upbringing.

Personally I have seen drugs addiction in all types of familes from the poor and less educated to the well educated and very wealthy and indeed have seen folks I knew in the past die from such an affliction one was actually a pro footballer. Some peoples idea of a "good upbringing" can also result in creating issues with their kids.

Also I am quite sure there is a whole load more to it than just the costs for the initiative these things tend to be approved based on costs, benefits and risks etc. I would certainly rather they had somewhere to go than them doing it in a public place where there stuff is left lying around to cause possible serious damage to others.

Edited by Andra

Well said owain I have to agree with this and in particular toontastics and DM's comments!!

I find the original post a rather ignorant view. Also It quite amazes me how some folk can predict anothers susceptibility to the influence of drugs based on an upbringing.

Personally I have seen drugs addiction in all types of familes from the poor and less educated to the well educated and very wealthy and indeed have seen folks I knew in the past die from such an affliction one was actually a pro footballer. Some peoples idea of a "good upbringing" can also result in creating issues with their kids.

Also I am quite sure there is a whole load more to it than just the costs for the initiative these things tend to be approved based on costs, benefits and risks etc. I would certainly rather they had somewhere to go than them doing it in a public place where there stuff is left lying around to cause possible serious damage to others.

The words from a ?. Sycophantic !!.

You think It's good money spent,on people that can't help their self's. When people need medical treatment, not due to drug addiction. They've payed into the system for years, and they can't get the treatment they solely deserve in time. And junkies get there own special treatment for claiming there money on the dole and spent on junk. Do you think this Is fair !!.

Life's not fair. The sooner you make peace with that fact the sooner you'll be less uptight.