Holiday pay

AberFowl

He's making more off me then I am off him...and he's doing nothing...

Lol

He's in business to make money. So you would rather him do the grafting and you do nothing.

Am I fair in assuming you have not long left school ??? Like less than 10 years

That's because he's the boss and he finds the work, he has the stress of doing the books,quoting for jobs etc. I was down in Northampton yesterday looking at a job 3 hour round trip will I get the job? Probably not but you have to be in it to win it.

He does none of that. He's the sensible one who has others do it all for him.

And credit to him, he has worked long and hard to get what he has.

Lol

He's in business to make money. So you would rather him do the grafting and you do nothing.

Am I fair in assuming you have not long left school ??? Like less than 10 years

That is correct. And I don't dispute that. Never implied that. Just stating a fact.

No.

Edited by AberFowl

Isn't it illegal to do 50 hours a week? There's something about a max of 48 average over x amount of weeks.

I better go home now...done 52 this week.

Surely if I want to work more than that and I am physically and mentally capable then that's up to me and the boss?

I know nothing of the law with regards. Work, Holiday entitlement, pay etc

I get well looked after and paid well here (in my eyes), wouldn't get as good deal anywhere else as far as I am aware.

Just wondered about the law on holiday pay. Seems asking a simple question and stating a few facts about my boss is not a good thing to do on here.

Thanks to the helpful few

Edited by AberFowl

I better go home now...done 52 this week.

Surely if I want to work more than that and I am physically and mentally capable then that's up to me and the boss?

I know nothing of the law with regards. Work, Holiday entitlement, pay etc

I get well looked after and paid well here (in my eyes), wouldn't get as good deal anywhere else as far as I am aware.

Just wondered about the law on holiday pay. Seems asking a simple question and stating a few facts about my boss is not a good thing to do on here.

Thanks to the helpful few

Beinng tired is a weired thing. It does catch up with you eventually. Bit like chopping logs with an axe. You can keep going without thinking your getting too tired until the chop where you lose a leg.

I've no idea of your mcircumstances but when young with no responsibilities it is a different world to being older with responsibilities. The law is there to protect everyone.

Going off topic now. I guess you will just get the rate your on for 40 hours as that is what your contracted for.

Edited by Paul1440

Leave the people your working for, get a job that pays what you are asking for, but don't forget to ask in the interview how much holiday pay you will get. (Just in case we get the same post in the future)

Best wishes x

Dougy.

Leave the people your working for, get a job that pays what you are asking for, but don't forget to ask in the interview how much holiday pay you will get. (Just in case we get the same post in the future)

Best wishes x

Dougy.

Oh darling you have been so unhelpful.

I really appreciate you wasting your time.

48hrs, then your supposed to sign an opt out form to work more.

The trouble is.....employers can do what the hell they like with little fear of being brought to book.

My last employ we started at 8am on day One and went off duty 6pm on day Four,

Normal day was only paid 8am - 6pm but we had to take a 7.5ton truck home after and were 'On Call' and obliged to respond