TOUR-DE-FRANCE

four-wheel-drive

I love watching the Tour-de-France every year but this year it has gone mad they are all dropping like flys by the time they get to Paris I think it will be the blokes that mend the bike who will be riding in even if you do not like cycling you have to admit that the French countryside is beautiful.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/826551/Richie-Porte-crash-injury-Tour-de-France-Dan-Martin-Chris-Froome-cycling-news

Yes same, been watching it for donkeys years.

Yesterday was the day to really stir things up but ultimately the opposite has now happened.

Anyone who posed a real threat to Froome is either out of it, or out full stop.

I just hope there are more attacks from others and Sky don't just ride it out all the way to Paris.

My names Mice and I'm also an addict.

Was out yesterday so just watched the highlights, ouch hope Richie P is ok that was a really bad crash, as said the views Countryside fans make it a really good spectical and you can just never be sure what is going to happen.

Only the first week two more two go!!

dont watch it...............those crashes they have are terrible............i know how they feel when i used to come off my bike and have to "dig" the stones out of my hands and knees....graizes are soooo very painful....and they break bones as well..........just gives me the ebbeee-geebees watching it .........

It's probably my favorite sporting event each year. Absolutely love it, and watch the highlights each night. So yes, I'm addicted too!

Watched part of the race yesterday, live, when Porte fell, was just awful, and surprised he only ended up with the injuries he did, seeing how hard he hit that rock face!

Love the team effort side of it, along with the sportsmanship (Respecting the yellow jersey, when Froome had the mechanical yesterday). And just the sheer fitness of these guys riding day in day, just shows what the human body can do. I dabble in a little road biking, the longest I've ridden is around 70 miles in one day, so admire how they are able to ride the distances they do.

Hayden

Such a shame for the fella on the break away today, 250mtrs to go, plenty of publicity for him but so close, I was just surprised how well he took it in the interview afterwards.

I only saw the last 14 or 15k so to me the race looked like one big sprint.

Edited by Mice!

Wouldn't say that, I haven't watched the highlights so don't know how long or far he was out or if he was on his own the whole time, but it looked to me like le peloton were busting a gut and only just caught him, another turn and he would have had it.

I don't mind the finishes but watching a complete stage is like watching paint dry imo. Each to their own. I do admire their fitness, drug enhanced or not.

Also, like after the London Marathon you see an increase in runners on the road, you get an increase in MAMIL's after the TDF.

Just watched today's stage did not expect that just when I was thinking this is getting boring it all goes off I do like Froome but all that he seems to do is win the time trials by quite a bit of time and then just make shore that his team keep him in the front bunch as no body usually is allowed to get out in front more than a few mins he is safe all quite leagle but not much fun to watch.

Aru needs to keep Froome on the back foot for the next few days in the mountains and hopefully get enough time to hold him off in the last time trial. Kwiatkowski, whilst he's a class act and ex world champ, I don't know where his new found climbing ability has come from, nice to see Sky not having it all their own way yesterday.