*VOTE* For sale section *VOTE*

pin

For sale section, feelings  

119 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the recent changes?

• I don't care, it sounds fine / I don't mind
    • I don't like it but lets see how it goes
    • WAHH! Change it back!

Right.

I don't care either way, but the constant dummy spitting is getting irritating.

Make your feelings know to admin/the mods here and let that be the end of it :good:

I can't say that I have seen any posts that have involved dummies so far.

One of the Mods was logged on earlier this evening when I looked, but it would appear he adopted the traditional "Tin Hat on, head down" etc. etc....

One of the Mods was logged on earlier this evening when I looked, but it would appear he adopted the traditional "Tin Hat on, head down" etc. etc....

Be a little more observant, I have been the only Moderator on here all weekend and have responded constantly to all of the comments.

Be assured I am not a " Tin hat on, heads down etc., etc., " Moderator, there is nothing on this Forum that worries me.

Be a little more observant, I have been the only Moderator on here all weekend and have responded constantly to all of the comments.

Be assured I am not a " Tin hat on, heads down etc., etc., " Moderator, there is nothing on this Forum that worries me.

Being observant doesn't come into it. Which part of When I looked don't you understand?

I will also add that when I sent a polite message to all 4 Mods and Teal recently, only Deadeye Ive had the manners to reply. Perhaps when he has been a Mod for longer this politeness will wear off :good::yes:???

Personally I would like to be able to post an answer or even pass a comment on a gun that is for sale. I may not want the particular gun for sale but I may be able to offer a couple of positive comments that may help the poster to sell the gun.

Simply saying “No replies on the forum†is a bit like treating us like kids who need to be told what to do all the time.

What is the problem with a couple of answers, just as long as the post isn’t repeatedly bumped TTT for days on end. And no, I don’t think it disadvantages other sellers by being there because people will only buy what they want and not because it is constantly pushed into their faces.

This is a good site and the moderators do perform a necessary job. Just don’t take it too far. :good:

G.M.

Being observant doesn't come into it. Which part of When I looked don't you understand?

I will also add that when I sent a polite message to all 4 Mods and Teal recently, only Deadeye Ive had the manners to reply. Perhaps when he has been a Mod for longer this politeness will wear off :good::yes:???

Your post suggested that a Moderator was ignoring the comments being made.

I replied that this was not the case, as I had respionded on every thread.

When you sent your PM to "4 Mods and Teal", I was in America. :good: :good: :)

I have voted to change it back please. I am not currently intending to buy or sell anything - but if I was - I would not do it with the sales section in the current format.

I think the old 'normal' system works great. Those who faff about and miss a bargain should just grow up or go and do one.

When you sent your PM to "4 Mods and Teal", I was in America. :good::yes:???

I know, which is why I gave you adequate time to get home, read your correspondence and reply.

Do you want to dig yourself a bigger hole, or are you going to give up now :):lol::lol:

Do you honestly think that after almost four idyllic weeks in America, the first thing on my mind when I returned, was answering a three week old PM from you ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

If so, think again. :good:

It only needs one Moderator to reply and I knew someone would have. :good:

I remember throwing my dummy out of the cot a while back and Cranfield did send me a PM to explain things.

Didn’t particularly agree, but at least he did try to say why he had taken certain steps against one of my posts.

I was offered the job as a moderator on the ShootingTalk forum; didn’t take it up though because I didn’t want the hassle. :good:

G.M.

:good:

I have voted to change it back please. I am not currently intending to buy or sell anything - but if I was - I would not do it with the sales section in the current format.

I think the old 'normal' system works great. Those who faff about and miss a bargain should just grow up or go and do one.

:yes:???

It was fine the old way,

As long as people post something with a price / description / pics.

Then it's fine, also good to see peoples replies to the ad as they answer questions that you may have wanted to ask. From a sellers point of view, the old way is better, rather then having many PM's all asking the same question, they can all be seen as replies from the buyers comments...

Having met cranner's (although the clay shooting disguise did throw me for a while :good:) I must say he is a pretty fair and decent bloke. I do think a lot of people are seemingly forgetting that seller's can edit posts to add new information or indicate price changes/item status. I did like the old system but at the same time a select few did seem to obuse it with OTT bumping etc. The only major problem I see now is that item's unsold will continue to drift into the past and people generally don't look beyond the first 3 pages (well I don't normally). Although saying that, it can be remedied by using the search function, if you are specifically after something.

Dan

Thanks for the nice comment naddan, but I don't think the complaints are aimed at me personally, I assume they are aimed at the system (which is more than just me).

You do realise that by calling me "pretty , fair and a nice bloke", you could be spoiling your relationship with LB.

I don't recall ever being described as "pretty" before. :good:

If it was being abused then maybe the abusers should have been dealt with rather than change the system.

I don't really use the for sale section but if I was selling something shooting related then it would go on here first, and the old system suited me.

However as has been said before, if Teal wants it this way then he is going to do it this way and there is nothing we can do about it. If we don't like it we can sell it else where.

I'm just playing devils advocate here, but is it getting more "interest" or more "tyre kicking" ? :sick:

Interest :good: In addition I would just like to add that since this new rule has been set up in PW I have never had such a lack of response when selling an item too. :lol: