Mobile catering business

stuey

Have a look at food.gov.uk/food-hygiene-guide that should tell you all you need to know with regards regs etc.

I'd also look at prices for booking a pitch at festivals etc, my little sis looked into it a few years back and the prices were ridiculous.

Good luck with it though.

Jim

Have a look at food.gov.uk/food-hygiene-guide that should tell you all you need to know with regards regs etc.

I'd also look at prices for booking a pitch at festivals etc, my little sis looked into it a few years back and the prices were ridiculous.

Good luck with it though.

Jim

That's if you can get a pitch. When we all got made redundant one of the people I worked with bought a catering trailer with a view to doing it as a business but it didn't work out because he said all the events were well and truly sewn up and it was very hard to get started as an outsider.

I thought he would have looked into that before he spent the money but I suppose he got drawn into it

That's if you can get a pitch. When we all got made redundant one of the people I worked with bought a catering trailer with a view to doing it as a business but it didn't work out because he said all the events were well and truly sewn up and it was very hard to get started as an outsider.

I thought he would have looked into that before he spent the money but I suppose he got drawn into it

I know a few people who've done it and similar and they often sell their trailer with agreement that the buyer keeps their pitches at the markets and shows.

Can be hard work though and sometimes you'll pay a lot of money to go to a show or something and it'll be rained off or absolutely dead. So you've shelled out and lost money.

Basic food hygiene would be a good start. When we had our little take away cafe on the campsite that's all we needed, obviously you need public liability insurance.

Don't know where you are based but since we closed our cafe I now have a wood fired pizza van doing one evening a fish and chip van another and a good burger and chip van another night. I insist that all the food they sell is good quality and good value. An option if you have a Caravan and camping site near you.

Basic food hygiene would be a good start. When we had our little take away cafe on the campsite that's all we needed, obviously you need public liability insurance.

Don't know where you are based but since we closed our cafe I now have a wood fired pizza van doing one evening a fish and chip van another and a good burger and chip van another night. I insist that all the food they sell is good quality and good value. An option if you have a Caravan and camping site near you.

You run a campsite and have them come on is it?

bloke at work took out a £15,000 loan for his bird to set up a mobile snack bar bought one with a transit in england the clutch went on the transit driving it home , Then the english laws on snack bars where different from Scotlands apparently the gas pipes etc where the wrong diameter ? so it lay rotting in his garden every time somebody broached the subject it was the councils fault

I've considered this as a money maker after leaving my current career.

Wife used to work in central Leeds, 1145am pick up delivers a baked potato wagon in a plaza outside numerous office buildings. 1155hrs queue starts to build, noon wagon opens and sells jacket potatoes with a choice of ready made up side's from Macro etc for £4.50.add a botlle of water/can of coke and naughty choccie bar and hand over £6.

1pm van sold out after doing about 100 spuds, collected by pick up and back again tomorrow.

Ok its not a glamorous job where you can entertain dinner party guests with stories but send them a postcard from the Seychelles.

Location is the key and no rubbish food.

do it.

f.