Global Warming

markm

This summer temperatures in California have been the highest since 1924 supporting the cyclical theory. Too many cardigan wearing beardies measuring the temp of organic chickens breath at sea level and watchin polar bears fall through ice in my opinion.

For climate change read weather patterns.

This summer temperatures in California have been the highest since 1924 supporting the cyclical theory. Too many cardigan wearing beardies measuring the temp of organic chickens breath at sea level and watchin polar bears fall through ice in my opinion.

LOL :blink:

Well i have done quite a bit about this subject at uni and well imo the whole thing is being taken out of perspective a bit and the effects have been blown way out of proportion. At the moment it is generally accepted that the earth is roughly 4,600 million years old. There is evidence for climate change through out earth history such as banded iron formation and tillites from the Precambrian the first one showing a differing atmospheric chemistry and the latter showing a series of glacial periods.

Evidence from the carboniferous shows that CO2 levels were a lot higher than they are today. A Lot of people think that a high level of CO2 means that the whole place will turn into a desert and all plant life, etc will be killed off however the in the carboniferous there was an explosion in the amount of vegetation. This is due to the fact that CO2 is a limiting factor in photosynthesis more CO2 mean more photosynthesis so predicting the amount of that there will be in the atmosphere at some point in the future is very difficult so most of the models done are quite inaccurate.

I am not saying that global warming isn't happening in fact i full accept that it is. My main problem is with the way the whole situation is being put accross as though there is only one outcome and one reason when in fact there are so many variables anything could happen. Climate change is always occurring and it is a bit arrogant for us to think that we can change the climate, a complicated system so easily. Even though it has been relatively stable for the past 8000 years or so it was going to change it has always been a question of when not if, the main question is can we adapt?

LOL :blink:

Seconded, class mate, pure class :blush:

Totally agree, nowt wrong with recycling apart from the way that we get fleeced when we do it. Our local council will SELL you recycling bins so you can do half their job for them. We also get 12 bags a year for recycling and 52 rubbish bags.

So we are only meant to recycle a 1/4 ish of everything we throw away by their reckoning.

Well thats it all sorted, I`m off out and I`m leaving the heating & lights on and the windows open............

And Im off down the garden to light my bonfire :blink:

i'm going out to rev my trooper wahey :blush:

Ahh...blissful ignorance!! :good:

Ignorance (plural ignorances) Noun

The condition of being uninformed or uneducated. lacking knowledge or information.

Well thats it all sorted, I`m off out and I`m leaving the heating & lights on and the windows open............

And Im off down the garden to light my bonfire :blink:

i'm going out to rev my trooper wahey :lol:

Ahh...blissful ignorance!! :lol:

Ignorance (plural ignorances) Noun

The condition of being uninformed or uneducated. lacking knowledge or information.

Hey you sayin I,s higorant.......... :blush:

Heavy emphasis on the Blissful part, I do like a good bonnie. :devil:

:good: D2D