Struck gold at last!

Dr D

I've provided a few updates on my afternoon exploits over the last few weeks in talk from the field. So here are few pics.

More important. Today I struck gold. Right field. Right time. And, bang under the flightline in.

It was a similar story to the other afternoons. Seen a few birds down feeding on a field, but generally all was quiet. However, this spot I know really well. I know how to shoot it in every possible condition. So, I set up where I thought a flight might develop at 3pm.

A few birds started to move and at 4.30 bang. A line as tight as a ***** right over my hide. And to add to the pleasure they decoyed as if I had a remote control.

Now, big bags of pigeons at anytime of year in this part of the world is a rarity indeed. And, even more so at this time of year.

But, what about this for single gun outing! 167 picked up! I finished at 7.

post-2557-0-94421900-1503604657_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dr D

Very good indeed. Are the big bags mostly shot in the southern part of your island?

Yes motty. Usually east coast around the greater Dublin area. I have birds, but a bag of 50 is what I would normally class as a good afternoon

Great shooting, is that the flight line beyond in the photo?

Looks to be a bird in the distance?

Yes. Well spotted