Conflict of interests/loyalty?

panoma1

panoma1 sounds to me like your whistling up your own chimney on this topic. I'm not sure you realize what you are implying, yet when you get answers to your quest for opinions - you are obviously unhappy that others do not have the same issues you have with the couple and their politics. :hmm:

Pushkin :/

panoma1 sounds to me like your whistling up your own chimney on this topic. I'm not sure you realize what you are implying, yet when you get answers to your quest for opinions - you are obviously unhappy that others do not have the same issues you have with the couple and their politics. :hmm:

Pushkin :/

Do you want to be more specific? What do I not realise I'm implying? have you actually read the original post?

If you had you would know I was canvassing opinion on what people think about two MSP's from different political parties being in a personal relationship.......nothing else!......Although it seems the right on, PC, holier than thou, zealots would make something else of it!

Jenny: - "Hey Kezia, let's give the First Lady a call. We could hae a threesome!"

Kezia: - "***!? i dinnae want onythin' to dae wi' that coo, Sturgeon".

Jenny: - "No, No, Ah wis meanin' Ruth,,,, she wis the first yin to come oot".

:lol::lol::lol::lol: ...........great stuff

Panoma1

Posted 5 minutes ago:-

..Although it seems the right on, PC, holier than thou, zealots would make something else of it!

Blimey that's a mouthful. Sure there is nothing else you want to add?

You have had your request answered - by more than a few well mannered and reasonable persons who took time and interest enough to answer your request - why are you being so nasty? (or have you been kicked out from under your bridge?)

Regards and I'll leave it at that for me.

Pushkin :good:

I take it you don't want to be more specific? Or tell me what I don't realise I'm implying then?

If you understood the original post you would see that "the few well mannered and reasonable persons who answered" to which I responded were attacking me not so much for the fact that I had cast doubt on their private/political liaison but on an imagined critism by me of their sexual orientation........as I said, typical of right on, PC, holier than thou, zealots....

But what's the point of debating with bigots?

Edited by panoma1

No offence panoma, u asked opinions and pretty much no one else has any problem with it and yet we're the bigots/zealots.

KD had already resigned by the time u posted this thread and had been reported to be seeing the lass for a month or 2 so really old news atleast up here anyway and never really created that much of a ripple. ven the tabloids up here didn't make a big thing of it.

End of day labour and Snp are really not that far away from each other politically

How relevant a Scottish labour leader is too influence any bodies life (esp someone living in eng) is pretty much a moot point given the state of Scottish labour, she's doing well to influence her choice for lunch, never mind owt more serious.

Do u have any problems with politicains dating any other profession's?

I imagine there could be far more conflict of interest with an MP and many other professions/ business's??

I'm sure local councillors partnered with building developers, PM married to a lawyer, I'm sure theres heaps more (agriculture ministers alleged relation just coincidentally having a stock pile of sleepers and brand new fancy wagon trailers at time of F&M)

Is that the only cross party romance in the whole of UK politics?

No offence panoma, u asked opinions and pretty much no one else has any problem with it and yet we're the bigots/zealots.

KD had already resigned by the time u posted this thread and had been reported to be seeing the lass for a month or 2 so really old news atleast up here anyway and never really created that much of a ripple. ven the tabloids up here didn't make a big thing of it.

End of day labour and Snp are really not that far away from each other politically

How relevant a Scottish labour leader is too influence any bodies life (esp someone living in eng) is pretty much a moot point given the state of Scottish labour, she's doing well to influence her choice for lunch, never mind owt more serious.

Do u have any problems with politicains dating any other profession's?

I imagine there could be far more conflict of interest with an MP and many other professions/ business's??

I'm sure local councillors partnered with building developers, PM married to a lawyer, I'm sure theres heaps more (agriculture ministers alleged relation just coincidentally having a stock pile of sleepers and brand new fancy wagon trailers at time of F&M)

Is that the only cross party romance in the whole of UK politics?

I'll try again! I have problems with the responses that refer to an imaginary sexuality criticism in my posting, as I quite clearly wrote in the original post that "I make no comment on that".......I have merely defended myself against such critism, implied or overt!

What I did ask for was comment on "the cross party nature of their liaison" as I find it "disturbing as it brings into question their political integrity and loyalty to their respective parties"....it does not mean they lack integrity or are disloyal, it just asks the question! In the same way as I would question a similar relationship, for example, between a council planning officer and a builder/developer.

When people misrepresent what was posted or read something into a posting that isn't there.....then they should expect a robust response!

I confess, I do not know of any other cross party liasons............but if I did I would feel similarly!

I still can't see the problem it's not as if there trading state secrets or something, be different if from different countries governments or something.

Even if they do discuss work or which way there going to vote I doubt it will make any difference to anything.

Like i said even the tabloids in Scotland never made a big deal out of it, really a complete non story (and esp so for someone living in eng)

I may be wrong but I'm sure I've read about cross party romances before possibly at holyrood, really don't see any issue for the public to be concerned about (possibly an issue for the actual parties if high up) as has been said plenty on here have partners with very different political views

I still can't see the problem it's not as if there trading state secrets or something, be different if from different countries governments or something.

Even if they do discuss work or which way there going to vote I doubt it will make any difference to anything.

Like i said even the tabloids in Scotland never made a big deal out of it, really a complete non story (and esp so for someone living in eng)

I may be wrong but I'm sure I've read about cross party romances before possibly at holyrood, really don't see any issue for the public to be concerned about (possibly an issue for the actual parties if high up) as has been said plenty on here have partners with very different political views

Now that is the sort of response I was seeking.......not one misrepresenting what was asked or trying to score some sort of moral points, thanks!

I asked the original question because I am aware that in most (all?) local authorities it is forbidden and a disciplinary offence to accept even a small gift in the course of your professional duties....I also understand that in government an MP (and elseware in public life) is required under certain circumstances to declare an interest if there is even the appearance of a pecuniary advantage or conflict of interest....these are all measures meant, as far as possible to maintain integrity and eliminate corruption in public life, and by corruption I don't mean just accepting a bung! I mean anything that could corrupt such as relationships personal or professional where one party could, by whatever means bring undue pressure on and/or be influenced by another.......

I feel a cross political party personal relationship such as the one in question could possibly fit into this category.........that is the reason I asked the question.

But as few appear to have concerns, I will end the topic here.