Fury v Parker

Gordon R

Fury showed great hand speed and footwork, but never troubled Parker. Parker was the only one who seemed to want to fight.

I can't quite comprehend how Fury's corner seemed happy with the way it was going.

Parker wins - no great surprise, but he showed nothing which would trouble Joshua or Wilder.

Yes - I watched it. Result looked okay to me. One judge had it 114/114, the other two had it 118/110. Listening to the commentary, I might have been deluded enough to think Fury was winning. Richie Woodhall said, with two rounds to go, that he thought Parker was ahead. I agreed with him and Parker then won the last two.

Fury fought a bit like his cousin Tyson did against Vlad, but didn't really land anything of substance.

Fury's fight plan seemed to be survival, without ever attempting to wrest the title from Parker.

Edited by Gordon R

Yes - I watched it. Result looked okay to me. One judge had it 114/114, the other two had it 118/110. Listening to the commentary, I might have been deluded enough to think Fury was winning. Richie Woodhall said, with two rounds to go, that he thought Parker was ahead. I agreed with him and Parker then won the last two.

Fury fought a bit like his cousin Tyson did against Vlad, but didn't really land anything of substance.

Fury's fight plan seemed to be survival, without ever attempting to wrest the title from Parker.

I'd rather a bad boxer win by trying to go for it than a good boxer win by trying not to get hurt. seems like a reasonable result, if perhaps not the scores

Parker took it for sure imo.

Hughie is a very skillful boxer but lacks a big punch which will always be a weak spot especially in the HW division where usually it can all change on one big dig.

Parker a KO artist so Fury had to box clever but didnt do enough.

Luke Campbell went the distance with Linares early this morning and put up a very good showing.

I expected Linares to easy decision or late KO but won a few rounds.Some had him winning but dont think he did enough.

Edited by sako751sg

I struggled to keep my eyes open for the fury fight. Parker was the more powerful and attacking fighter. The commentators made it more of a fury victory except Woodhall he had Parker up by rnd 7. Fury may have won it if he hadnt ran about as much. It was a bit sweeter as team fury all assumed they had won.

On other boxing news, i see Frampton has moved on and named his new Promoter.

Carl Frampton has signed a deal with promoter Frank Warren and BT Sport.

He has revealed he will return to action before Christmas in Belfast and then pursue a world title fight in the first half of next year, with his fights being screened solely on BT Sport in the UK.

IMO if you're the contender trying to take the belt, you cant fight off the back foot, you've got to go out there and take it! Like you said Sako, Fury is a very skillful fighter which is refreshing for the HW div but his lack of punching power is always gunna be an issue in the div.

Cant wait for Loma - Rigo, should be fireworks!

it was an awful fight, fury danced and ran around the ring for 12 rounds very negative, and parker walked him down all night but neither of them landed anything big, fury did ok on the back foot but simply didn't do enough it reminded me of the golovkin fight walking canelo down all night but both landed good shots and more of them , listening to peter fury and mick hennessy after the fight you would think it was the biggest robbery in boxing history I don't know which fight they watched though