cheap pheasant days

What do you call cheap ? £150 £200 £250 £300 £350 £400 £450. How many birds?

Small 100 to 130 bird days are difficult to come by now-a-days. It costs the estate just as much near enough to lay on such a day as a 400 bird day.

In addition fitting in a single gun is not easy to find.

I shoot a half dozen days a year with Richard Gray, Affordable Days, almost all in Lincolnshire and have had some good days sport through him but he is having difficulty in finding estates who will put on anything less than 130 to 150 bird days so your looking at £450 or there abouts. Personally I do not enjoy shooting on days of over 175 birds plus I can spread my money wider/more days and have just as much if not more fun.

Get yourself a perm bordering an established shoot,then get yourself up there on shoot days,it don't get any cheaper lol

I could have drove over 20 driving 4 miles through Gloucestershire the other day... Not sure if escaped pre or post shoot.

They seem content in the middle of the road though in groups of 3 or 4.

Ha ha your correct but technically when it leaves the boundary of his land it is fair game,pardon the pun,and absolutely nothing he can do about it!

Hence why you best be handy with the bone hammers or fleet of foot :lol: legally nothing wrong but morally it’s wrong, plenty of little shoots do just this and poach birds.

Hence why you best be handy with the bone hammers or fleet of foot :lol: legally nothing wrong but morally its wrong, plenty of little shoots do just this and poach birds.

I totally agree with you, however the word poach should never be applied here as when birds wonder on neighbours land its there entitlement to shoot them legally if they wish, l remember a keeper once telling me, you would be doing me a favour by shooting them if they are wondering that far.

Edited by E.w.