WINCHESTER MODEL 59 SEMI AUTO.

B B

I have chance to buy a Winchester model 59 semi auto, i have never seen one before is a inertia recoil mechanical action functions flawlessly is sweet handler and has wichester versalite choking screw in chokes like muzle brake, choke tubes included cylinder IC Mod I mod and Full. is 98% condition with light marks on the stock .

Any Knowledge on these guns?

It is a beautiful gun think i will find it hard to put down.

According to my book, there was a total run of 82,000 made, from 1959 to 1965.

Amongst these was a very rare 14 bore and at one point barrels made of fibreglass. It isnt clear whether ALL variants of this model had fibreglass barrels, according to the book I have.

Only around 28 were made in 14 bore.

The internet will possibly have more info.

Thanks for the information all and scully it is Fibreglass barrel they all are from what i was told, incredibly light not quite 6lbs on the scales.

Shooting it is surprisingly low on recoil for such a light 12, some spares with it including a chamber and spare barrel two mod spare chokes. I bought a Remington 48 .410 off this chap who then offers me this mod 59 i have decided to get it.

Thanks for the information all and scully it is Fibreglass barrel they all are from what i was told, incredibly light not quite 6lbs on the scales.

Shooting it is surprisingly low on recoil for such a light 12, some spares with it including a chamber and spare barrel two mod spare chokes. I bought a Remington 48 .410 off this chap who then offers me this mod 59 i have decided to get it.

Sounds very interesting. Post some pics when you get it home.