Christmas Bonus

pigeon controller

Ive had man flu all week but managed to complete the bottle run prior to Christmas, 200 miles round trip and 26 bottles. So this morning we woke to find fog and that can be the death knell for shooting. We drove out of the city to pass some rape which I was told about during my bottle distribution, yes it was rape but no birds so we drove to another rape field to fined the fog lifted and approx two hundred birds down. We knew one of our farms had a game shoot on today and that normally puts the birds out of the big woods and into some small coppice type woods. Now DB loves high roost shooting and as its the shortest weekend due to the winter solstice we decided to shoot the rape till it slowed up and then move back for the roost. We were set up for 09.00 and shot until 13.00 picking up 79 pigeon in the picture with the dog finding another after. So eighty birds for four hours shooting. We drove back to the other farm and set ourselves up in the wood it was now 14.30 and the birds started to come to roost with the game shoot in the background. We had some spectacular shots which cheered up DB a great deal , I just felt weaker and weaker and could not stop sneezing and choughing and going light headed.

With it being the last shoot before Christmas I'd forgoten my Christmas jumper and hat for the picture.

Can I wish all Pigeon Watch Members and Readers a Peaceful Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year.

100_3014.jpg

79 pigeon in the picture, the dog found one going back to the Disco. 24 at Roost. Total for the day 104, a nice Christmas present.

Edited by pigeon controller

With you having man flu all the week and during a 200 mile round trip delivering bottles you are certainly made of stern stuff P C.

THANKS for your write ups throughout the year , always something to look forward to.

A Very Merry Christmas to you ( and the mysterious D B ) and not forgetting the dog , and also a Happy and Healthy New Year.:santa: