The Walking Dead

Denboy

I am a big fan of the walking dead, but I’m starting to get a bit fed up with the different groups fighting all the time.

I believe TWD has lost the whole survival side of things, which is what I used to like. 

The walkers aren’t a threat anymore and why is it every door on every building is open and not locked? In a real life situation you’d have to carry a crow bar to break into these buildings! 

Or, am I taking TWD to seriously? Lol 

35 minutes ago, Denboy said:

Or, am I taking TWD to seriously? Lol 

Yes !
But you are not wrong, the storylines have become very stale.
Also I dont know who they have in charge of technical stuff, but some of the action sequences have become a trifle silly.
Bits of corrugated steel strapped to the side of cars, will not stop bullets of any calibre !
Gunshot wounds that heal in a couple of hours ?
Im not really looking forward to it any more, FTWD is better at the moment.

Totally agree, the fight scenes are drawn out and so unrealistic. 

I used to love it and to be honest the drama was in the survival side of things and the scrape's with the zombies. 

It looks like they have had a budget cut or something!

23 hours ago, Pistol p said:

Stopped watching when .50 cal rounds bounced off a jeep at 20 feet. Its got great scope but not nasty enough to pass for me. 

Watch the start of Miami vice, that shows what happens when a range rover gets shot up, messy.

One of the guys at work is a big fan, he's always said its about the characters interacting and the survival side, sounds like that's gone?

I've watched all of FTWD enjoyed that so far, its *** just the right balance, for now.

3 hours ago, rob-d said:

Totally agree, the fight scenes are drawn out and so unrealistic. 

I used to love it and to be honest the drama was in the survival side of things and the scrape's with the zombies. 

It looks like they have had a budget cut or something!

I used to be the same and imagine what I would do in the zombie apocalypse, but yes it has been ruined

On 15/01/2018 at 10:27, thepasty said:

Agreed TWD has been poor of late, the past couple of seasons have been lacking.

Have to agree,its lost the fear factor the early episodes were great,the last episode was probably the best of the whole series for me,hopefully it will get some of the excitment back.

All shows involving firearms make me laugh or is that cry. The inability of the bad guys, in any show, to use their ranged weapon at any distance other than arm length from the goodie really grinds my gears. I stopped watching The Arrow because of this and one of the Batman films had a scene when the unarmed cops ran towards the heavily armed bad guys and no-one fired a shot until they were on them!  All my films would end in 5 mins as the heros would be dead lol. In season 1 of TWD they did a raid on a gun shop for supplies and Rick had a sports bag that he said had 800 rnds of 9mm and some other stuff, pistols and 2-3 rifles and shotguns. I pee'd myself laughing has he ran about the city with this bag of goodies, as you will all know that lot is heavy so when a mate came round I did an experiment with my deac collection and the hundreds of inert rounds I have. End result was Rick would have made it approx 3 feet before he got eaten. And how much ammo is in a film 30 round mag it would seem about 200 rounds and whats with full auto all the time? grr

I've been reading TWD comic for years and he kills off characters more often in that than the TV show. It has lost the element of danger that the comic had as they won't kill off popular characters.