Sign in to follow this  
lukeandmax87

KOFS Shotguns

Does anyone own one, are they any good or just cheap ****

Im looking for something for my mrs to shoot clays with, I have looked used but alot of stuff is battered and ideally id like something multi choke 

they look the part on the adverts and seem good value for under £500 new 

Cheers

The 410 is ok purely because there is little choice but the bigger gauges aren't their low quality is obvious from the aluminium action to the strange finish on the barrels. For a couple of hundred quid more something like a Franchi is a quantum leap in quality.

Same here, id like to get a more known brand for her but I thought brand new for that sort of money would be nice and assumed they would have some sort of warranty for a few years 

ATA 30" sporter only set me back £595 and I can't fault it at all, the shooting times review on that was alot better than the KOFS too. 

23 hours ago, tharsus said:

Review in the latest shooting times was pretty bad.

Can you summarise the report, be interesting to understand what was said.

15 minutes ago, Wingman said:

Can you summarise the report, be interesting to understand what was said.

I think it was more to do with general build more than anything, parts being stamped rather than machined from a block, something along those lines 

bought one ove these to satisfy an itch for a 28gauge, had it less than a month so to soon to say how good they are

what I can say is the build quality looks ok, it's knot a beretta or browning and it won't hold its price

Bought for a walk round gun, good points comes up nice, really light ,shoots where I want it to.

at the end of the day I am knot going to be using it for clays at the price of 28g carts.

Time will tell how good it is

Got the 20b version, for the price it’s ok shoot reasonable with it, not in the same class as beretta or browning but it’s not marketed to be, for a cheap gun I can’t really complain the only real disappointment is the cheap choke key 

Looking at the review sounds good plenty sold

Thought with the amount sold who else has one on here, any problems occurring,

be good to here from other buyers

Yep agreed, I want to look at a 28 bore for the Mrs so keen to hear from any current owners.  Must admit the Webley and Scott 928 or Yildiz were on the list also but these look well worth a look at.

Got a 410 just for fun its really good .Its surprising what you can hit with it,only had a bit of trouble misfiring  the main spring was binding on the guide rod fixed now ,love it 👍 

A friend has a kofs he joked that he would be bringing back out once he has cleared his runner beans from it as he ran out of canes.