Waterproof Windproof Sweater Recommendations

Keith RW

looking at Musto Tech Wool Zip Neck Fleece or Barbour Becket Waterproof Half Zip sweater for starters, anyone here got either of these that can pass comment.

Anything else out there that actually works well, saw an alpaca one some time ago but was a bit big and chunky both in size and price.

21 minutes ago, Keith RW said:

looking at Musto Tech Wool Zip Neck Fleece or Barbour Becket Waterproof Half Zip sweater for starters, anyone here got either of these that can pass comment.

Anything else out there that actually works well, saw an alpaca one some time ago but was a bit big and chunky both in size and price.

I have both Musto and Barbour half zip jumpers and excellent they are too but wouldn't personally trust anything cotton/wool based to be truly water proof. The Musto version is slightly heavier and less supple, for warmth and half decent wind resistance both perform well. 

The Barbour one has a wind proof and weatherproof stop liner in it much like the dunmoor fleece shooting jacket and I have always found both good on both counts.

obviously you would want to be in a thunderstorm in either for a long period but the Barbour does stop the wind and has kept me dry in the  past

The tech wool jumper is good but not wind proof particularly. I’ve got the Super Warm Polartec musto jumper and that’s the mutts nuts but looses some breath ability due to the lining. 

I will actually get the tech wool jumper at some point. It will be much better for spring time. 

Edited by Brad93