Another great wee trip down South

sako751sg

Got invited back down to Suffolk for a few days and just went down on my own this time.

Weather on the whole was pretty decent and the deer numbers again were high with Muntjac everywhere.

First evening was unbelievable with 6 and the first 5 in around half an hour.

Managed a CWD which the lad said should make gold so heres hoping.

Some old bruisers of Muntjac with plenty character and took all carcasses home which was 11 Muntjac and 2 CWD.Butchered yesterday and freezer full and having Muntjac stew just now.

EXkF1q0.jpg

dF6GmVg.jpg

sOWsviZ.jpg

4Xg16j9.jpg

U7uh9Fo.jpg

LV1MzlN.jpg

9SnfaBy.jpg

V9BSdLH.jpg

d6Fj8G0.jpg

19n5qhN.jpg

NBaugJK.jpg

IS3lLxx.jpg

01Ud1FV.jpg

5XUhecU.jpg

On 3/25/2018 at 18:39, JDog said:

Another good trip. Are there any deer left down there?

Is the middle one a breakage or a malform?

Was an excellent wee jaunt.

Plenty left and could have had 4 on the last evening but just took the 1 and some places have big numbers.

Initially i thought break but it almost looks malform too with the round edges but not 100%.Think a break but hes worn it down with rubbing maybe too??

On 3/25/2018 at 18:51, moose man said:

Excellent trip . The cwd looks a cracker ...

It was for sure.

Hopefully gold but if not another excuse to go down again.

On 3/25/2018 at 19:22, Dunkield said:

That's an amazing result well done to all involved, you must be chuffed to bits. Be interesting to hear what you think to the meat if you haven't had it before.

Outstanding result and all credit to the lad,knows his stuff and just very easy to get on with.

I like all venison ive ever had but Muntjac takes a bit of beating and trumps roe without a doubt imo.Butchered them all and although not much left with pill damage to the front end still enough to keep me going.

Fascinating wee beasts and great getting to watch their habits too.A fair run at 12 hours each way but well worth it.

23 hours ago, Mice! said:

sounds and looks like another enjoyable trip.

It was for sure.

23 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Interesting old head on that muntie and the CWD looks like it just might make it.  Nicely balanced heads are fine but personally I like character.

You had some good weather as well, a trip to remember.

I think both the bigger muntjac were well aged and the uneven one has plenty character.The fella said not many have both tusks but the bigger one has.

Great weather apart from one morning when it was wet and bitterly cold but no complaints.

21 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

going to have to build a bigger room for all the heads. great pics well done:good:

Cheers fella,will make a nice change from the roe and everyone is fascinated with them up here now.The missus is a childminder and the wee ones are all intrigued with the difference from the roe.

21 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Another fantastic trip Dave , well done and the weather was kind too. Looks an amazing place to stalk with a high density of deer. CWD is a cracker.

Cheers Mark.

Great weather and the whole 3 days was outstanding for sure.

Come Hallowean put a night light behind the big muntie skull and you'll fright the doo dah out of everyone. I had an American do exactly that, he shot a really nice gold in Selsey Forest back in the early 90s. I boiled it out for him to take home and come the 'scary season' out in Michigan he put a light behind it and frightened his two kids friends so much, as they wouldn't go in the house.

21 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Come Hallowean put a night light behind the big muntie skull and you'll fright the doo dah out of everyone. I had an American do exactly that, he shot a really nice gold in Selsey Forest back in the early 90s. I boiled it out for him to take home and come the 'scary season' out in Michigan he put a light behind it and frightened his two kids friends so much, as they wouldn't go in the house.

Lol.

They have that look about them and the sharp features remind me a lot on Sika too.