11-87 recoil pad

Lloyd90

I want to change the recoil pad on my 11-87 premier, it’s currently got a hard plastic factory one. 

Would be looking for a kick-eez or something similar, 

any recommendations on what one and what size? Or how I measure the size needed? 

Imagine I might need to get a gunsmith to fit it so it doesn’t look naff 

You must include the  words  ' wood stock ' in your search.

Most manufacturers have a size guide in their site.

1100, 1187, 870 and 700 are all the same pad.

Had a good ganzi at the Supercell pad fitted to a V3 and it looked and felt very good quality.

But.....do you have to spend big money on a gun thats virtually recoiless ?

BTW I was told that you'll  be lucky to get a perfect fit and minor work is required on most.

Have you considered a Slip on Pad ?

Edited by Robertt

1 hour ago, Robertt said:

You must include the  words  ' wood stock ' in your search.

Most manufacturers have a size guide in their site.

1100, 1187, 870 and 700 are all the same pad.

Had a good ganzi at the Supercell pad fitted to a V3 and it looked and felt very good quality.

But.....do you have to spend big money on a gun thats virtually recoiless ?

BTW I was told that you'll  be lucky to get a perfect fit and minor work is required on most.

Have you considered a Slip on Pad ?

Yes but I’ve seen a few slip on pads that discolour the wood stock so was hoping to avoid it. 

The current ‘recoil pad’ is a hard plastic one I think from memory. 

58 minutes ago, figgy said:

Had a good look online on some American forums and even the makers straight swap supercell can need a little fetling to fit perfect. 

As above the supercell is the one to go for. 

Thanks I’ll have a look at the supercell

The only 1187 with an original plastic pad is the Premier Skeet...all other models have a rubber pad..the model designation will be roll engraved on the side of the receiver

Why cant you just find a Premier Field pad or even Premier Trap pad , these will swap straight over

Possibly the stock has been changed from an 1100 as most of these have plastic pads as original...if so it will be curved and will need squaring up with a mitre saw

Then again why bother , the Remmie is the softest shooting semi auto even with a plastic pad

14 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, try a quick way to see the L O P put your gun stock butt in crook of arm and see where finger coincides with trigger, its only a rough guide, 

I’ll try and remember to give that a go tomorrow cheers mate 

35 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I don’t think a softer recoil pad will greatly help, it’s probably down to gun fit as previously mentioned also a 1187 is a heavy semi auto you probably won’t find a softer shooting shotgun.

+1 

My 1100 is often requested for 'novice' use, as its the lightest recoiling 12g at the club.

Edit ,just remembered my daughter used to shoot it when she was 12, and she weighed about 6 stone!
She could barely pick it up, but could smash clays with it, with no injuries.

Edited by Rewulf

Shot 100 28g, through my 1100 ( Plastic factory pad ) on Skeet and High tower on Wednesday.

Usually use a slip on to correct  the LOP but was sharing it with my son who doesn't require the extra length, so didn't bother.

Funnily enough I find the LOP less critical when using a full pistol grip?

Anyway neither of us suffered any bruising or discomfort. 

Therefore I would suggest the Beretta may well be the culprit.

Edited by Robertt

On 27/05/2018 at 00:15, Lloyd90 said:

I want to change the recoil pad on my 11-87 premier, it’s currently got a hard plastic factory one. 

Would be looking for a kick-eez or something similar, 

any recommendations on what one and what size? Or how I measure the size needed? 

Imagine I might need to get a gunsmith to fit it so it doesn’t look naff 

Jump in the car and head south down the M5, coming off at J26 (it's easier than J25) and take the A road back to Taunton. Turn left right opposite the Worlds End and head for Heathfield. Once you're on the Wellington-Taunton road again heading for Taunton, road turn left at the sign and at the top of the first hill, turn right into the car park. As you'd expect, on a shelf in the establishment that you've just found is a selection of all the sizes of pads that your heart desires - not to mention a couple of highly skilled 'smiths that will do a truly superb job of fitting one.

Edit: PS While you're there, you coul;d ask how my Webley and Scott is coming along

Edited by wymberley

48 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Jump in the car and head south down the M5, coming off at J26 (it's easier than J25) and take the A road back to Taunton. Turn left right opposite the Worlds End and head for Heathfield. Once you're on the Wellington-Taunton road again heading for Taunton, road turn left at the sign and at the top of the first hill, turn right into the car park. As you'd expect, on a shelf in the establishment that you've just found is a selection of all the sizes of pads that your heart desires - not to mention a couple of highly skilled 'smiths that will do a truly superb job of fitting one.

Edit: PS While you're there, you coul;d ask how my Webley and Scott is coming along

Thank you very much sir,

what is the name of the establishment? 

3 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Thank you very much sir,

what is the name of the establishment? 

I can hear many PWers in the know screaming the answer - UK Gun Repairs. If you do go, while heading for Taunton the second time, you're on the B3227. The sign you're looking for is a small one on the right indicating a turn to the left for Heathfield and Halse. Don't be fooled having turned off and going up the hill it looks like a dead end. This is just because the lane takes a sharp left behind a hedge and disappears from sight. UKGR is right on that bend.