Anyone Used A Puncture Repair Kit ?

marsh man

40 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

People should be made aware that the space saver wheel is only intended to be used as a way of getting the car back to a place of safety or repair. Its not a driving wheel, you see cars driving round on them for weeks, months sometimes

I know, it makes me cringe when I see people using them on the motorways. Most people don't know the law when it comes to space savers. Personally I think anyone caught using one on a motorway should lose their licence and have to take a retest.

43 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I know, it makes me cringe when I see people using them on the motorways. Most people don't know the law when it comes to space savers. Personally I think anyone caught using one on a motorway should lose their licence and have to take a retest.

Think that’s a bit harsh, they are perfectly fine if you stick to the recommended speeds for the tyre, those that don’t, then that’s a different matter.

37 minutes ago, old'un said:

Think that’s a bit harsh, they are perfectly fine if you stick to the recommended speeds for the tyre, those that don’t, then that’s a different matter.

Not for a motorway, 80kmh is maximum so just under 50mph, I've seen idiots in the outside lane doing 70 odd mph. And as stated by Vince a space saver is only to get you somewhere safe or to a repair shop and as you can't change a wheel on a motorway then they must have joint with the wheel already on.

Edited by Newbie to this
Speeds were wrong

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

Not for a motorway, 80kmh is maximum so just under 50mph, I've seen idiots in the outside lane doing 70 odd mph. And as stated by Vince a space saver is only to get you somewhere safe or to a repair shop and as you can't change a wheel on a motorway then they must have joint with the wheel already on.

There was a car I used to see regularly, it was a mum who parked in our cul de sac when she was dropping her kids off at the nearby school. She had on of those wheels on her car for months. I wonder how you would stand on your insurance if you had an accident. 

1 hour ago, old'un said:

You try doing an emergency stop with one of those on the front on one side and a real tyre on the other side in the wet. You will spin the car around.

In any case, its illegal to have different size wheels on the same axle and a lot of these wheels are often not only thinner they are a different diameter as well. They are only intended to be used to limp the car to a place of safety.  

3 hours ago, Old farrier said:

You’re all complicating this ??

just put 4 space savers on the car and a ordinary spare in the boot 

problem solved 

most of us drive slowly as we’re looking over hedges spotting pigeons ?

whats a space saver...............