Wasabi

Shot Count

I'm interested to know how many shots you've put through your trusty guns. My 1994 Miroku 6000 has had about 120,000 through it. It's been tightened once and the teague choke is feeling a bit "loose" on the bottom barrel. What's the general thoughts on realistic shot count for a machine made O/U?

I've put 50,000 through my Miroku 6000 over the years and it will have fired at least as many before I bought it.

Bisley Shooting ground have Mirokus/Berettas which 10-15 agos they reckon had had well over a million cartridges through...........basically you are likely to wear out before your gun!

Last Century I used 4 Beretta 682s for competitive clay shooting, the most used pair of them had the shoulders changed by GMK as they were wearing out a bit.

I know have a  sporterised 1997 Beretta Trap Gun and can't see that wearing out any time soon.

Do you guys really keep track on how many you shoot?

I wouldn't have a clue how many shots my guns have fired (and don't care to be honest) all I know is that they go bang when they need to!  I do get my "good" guns serviced by a local smith every couple of years and keep an eye out for wear and tear but apart from my Beretta 692 none of them have ever let me down..

I know how many I have bought over the years and the majority go through two of my guns. 

I know how often I shoot clays and get quite a fair estimate of how many have gone through which gun.

About 3-4000 max through my lanber in 8 years . 6-8000 through the previous rizzini in 12 years. 

I don’t really shoot clay much .

3000+ 22lr

1500+ 223

400 , 243

1000+ hmr

ive had others but I couldn’t afford to shoot that amount. Mines over 20 + years . 

51 minutes ago, team tractor said:

About 3-4000 max through my lanber in 8 years . 6-8000 through the previous rizzini in 12 years. 

I don’t really shoot clay much .

3000+ 22lr

1500+ 223

400 , 243

1000+ hmr

ive had others but I couldn’t afford to shoot that amount. Mines over 20 + years . 

I note you have plenty of time on your hands to work it out!:whistling:

4 hours ago, Wingman said:

Do you guys really keep track on how many you shoot?

I wouldn't have a clue how many shots my guns have fired (and don't care to be honest) all I know is that they go bang when they need to!  I do get my "good" guns serviced by a local smith every couple of years and keep an eye out for wear and tear but apart from my Beretta 692 none of them have ever let me down..

It's quite easy for me as i  mainly shoot clays. 200 a week make's around 10,000 a year X the 13 years I've owned the gun.

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I note you have plenty of time on your hands to work it out!

Lol . I keep a note for the rifles 

300,000 through a beretta of mine at a guess.  I suspect most shoot school coaching guns see more use in a week than the average gun in a year, are often cleaned less and service when they must they last around 5-10 years.  

Some of the Berettas they have for doves in Argentina have shot over a million. What they're like o have no idea but still working.

I put more through my 682 Gold E than any gun I've owned around 10k

As i tend to shoot all my guns and have change them often so some only a couple of hundred others a few thousand.