Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
guzzicat

for a change

Recommended Posts

Found an Air Arms S200 cheap,just finished work on it, I junked the horrible plastic bits, bolt Etc & replaced with Rowan engineering brass bits,trade secrets on stock, & a quick clean up, it shoots just sub 12  & still has the anti tamper stud in place, it shoots  very tight, no jump & silent, perfect.

IMG_4451.JPG

IMG_4453.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Very nice.

l take it it’s a keeper.

Yes we had a Magpie wiped out a lot of our song birds this spring, hope he comes back next! I am lucky in only having2 neighbors, both country people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, that looks a very nice S200, i had 2 in the past both tatty but perfect working order, the 10 shot magazine unit did take some adjusting

Yes It was a well used rat gun , I just like fiddling with guns, shot mostly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, guzzicat said:

Yes It was a well used rat gun , I just like fiddling with guns, shot mostly.

hello, that what i used mine for but many years ago, now i have a FX mk 1 vermy, but seems the rat population has declined in recent years, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 09:31, guzzicat said:

Found an Air Arms S200 cheap,just finished work on it, I junked the horrible plastic bits, bolt Etc & replaced with Rowan engineering brass bits,trade secrets on stock, & a quick clean up, it shoots just sub 12  & still has the anti tamper stud in place, it shoots  very tight, no jump & silent, perfect.

IMG_4451.JPG

IMG_4453.JPG

looks very nice, I like the stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mice! said:

looks very nice, I like the stock.

I love trade secrets products, you could get a good finish on an old fish box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job.

Have just the same model and wouldn't part with it.  My stock isn't quite as smart but I did make my own brass bolt handle and ditched the plastic one.  Cracking little rifle.  Mine is very accurate if I do my bit.  Enjoy.   They are not that light but not s heavy as a TX200.  I shoot from mainly permanent build hides with small shooting tables and that square foreend just sits nice and tidy waiting patiently.

Edited by Walker570

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anybody has a spare spoon lying around the house can they please post it to Mice as he's determined to stir things (dont tell him but he will also not be getting a glittery Christmas card this year). Truth be known I stare at the bruises on my legs from where I kick myself everyday since selling my S200! Wildcat has let me down once already ( Wildcat Mod post) and she no longer gets to sit on my lap being stroked although she did put another 5 shots thru the bull again today as way of an apology, but it's hard to believe that such an expensive gun can be built using push fit pins on a moving part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same model. Extremely accurate but I had an issue with a wandering zero. Not by much and but for the fact I was practicing with it daily, I mightn't have noticed.

I researched the matter and discovered it was caused by the air cylinder flexing and did the following which was easy.

Bought a shim washer from Accugroup, 28 x 20 x 0.5 mm, which was less than 50p.and fitted it to the cylinder, 

Then overbored the barrel band ( I used a round file ) so as the barrel no longer contacts the band.

Slight improvement in accuracy and no zero shift whatsoever.

Edited by Robertt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

If anybody has a spare spoon lying around the house can they please post it to Mice as he's determined to stir things (dont tell him but he will also not be getting a glittery Christmas card this year). Truth be known I stare at the bruises on my legs from where I kick myself everyday since selling my S200! Wildcat has let me down once already ( Wildcat Mod post) and she no longer gets to sit on my lap being stroked although she did put another 5 shots thru the bull again today as way of an apology, but it's hard to believe that such an expensive gun can be built using push fit pins on a moving part.

Sorry i couldn't resist, and i have quite a nice collection of wooden spoons already 😄

When you posted about the weight of your new pussy cat i looked for S200 for sale and was surprised to find quite a few, but i resisted, guzzicats nice looking rifle was just too much of a temptation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...