Renewal

ShootingEgg

I'm probably being a little twitchy but my licences run out on Sunday, and I've heard nothing from the fao since the day after I put in my renewal back in June/July, and that was because they'd not kept data upto date. 

So I'm now 3 days away from needing the new paperwork and all I've had was an email two weeks ago after chasing it saying they are done in date order... 

Do I push again or wait until I'm actually breaking the law and put the ball in their court!?!? 

21 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

I'm probably being a little twitchy but my licences run out on Sunday, and I've heard nothing from the fao since the day after I put in my renewal back in June/July, and that was because they'd not kept data upto date. 

So I'm now 3 days away from needing the new paperwork and all I've had was an email two weeks ago after chasing it saying they are done in date order... 

Do I push again or wait until I'm actually breaking the law and put the ball in their court!?!? 

Email the Firearms licensing Dept telling them of your concerns, that way you have a record, they should by now have issued a Section 7 or confirmed a temporary extension rather than you have to store them somewhere.

9 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Email the Firearms licensing Dept telling them of your concerns, that way you have a record, they should by now have issued a Section 7 or confirmed a temporary extension rather than you have to store them somewhere.

Did that and got told it would be with me days before, now it is days before... I've given them 3 months! Nightmare of a system 

20 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I'd be panicking personally. 

Kind of am lol

Mine was renewed about four months after my old one had run out . I had a letter (not sec 7 cert), saying that I could still by carts etc (not that any gunshop would have sold them to me without a cert),but the letter also ran out. I was mainly worried about getting a tug from the police while carrying a gun with no valid certs , it's unlikely that I'd have been prosecuted, but I really didn't fancy the idea of testing the theory.  As has already been said , drop them an email voicing your concern , then should a problem arise , you've done pretty much all you can.

38 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But YOU have done NOTHING WRONG!

I know , but it still gets you on edge.
I had SGC renewal in June, they messaged me a week before it ran out saying they couldnt do it in time, but carry on regardless, use this letter as proof ect.

Got an on time FAC renewal tomorrow , which is strange too , as they havnt spoken to club secs or land owners at all ?

Hi Egg,

If the renewal application is submitted at least 8 weeks before expiry, then their life is extended by 8 weeks after expiry until you get the new certificates. More information is here about halfway down the page:

https://basc.org.uk/firearms/certificate-renewals/

Hope this helps avoid sleepless nights !

My renewal arrived a couple of days before expiry of the old certificates.

BW

J