Canon Camera Lens

wymberley

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

Canon Macro Lens EF 100mm 1:2.8 USM. Just about to start looking for one and have posted just on the off chance that........

Is it possible to buy adaptor rings and use an older lens?

52 minutes ago, old man said:

Thanks for that. wasn't aware, my old ones became worthless.

What camera and lens do you have, some of these old cameras are still worth a few bob, I have an old Cannon AE-1 SLR and 4 different FD lens, looked on eBay and they are asking £150+ with lens, body without lens £50-£75.

Edited by old'un

1 hour ago, hawkfanz said:

canon eos 35mm same as eos digital,i have a range of lenses none for sale tho.

I totally agree. I have a range of non digital lenses. They give approx 1 & 1/2 or so extra magnification. Well worth buying.

I have a +4 macro adaptor to fit any Canon lens with a 58mm filter, if itll help.

33 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

I totally agree. I have a range of non digital lenses. They give approx 1 & 1/2 or so extra magnification. Well worth buying.

I have a +4 macro adaptor to fit any Canon lens with a 58mm filter, if itll help.

Funny you should say that. I've just put a Canon 250 CU attachment on a nice little lens I got from here. Tried it on my Sigma zoom to no avail. Then put it on step-son's Subject lens. The result now reflects why I also want one. I'm on the I-pad now but will post the quick snap I took while comparing the differing magnifications shortly.

Canon CU attachment on Canon 28 - 80 zoom:

010.jpg

and then on the Subject lens:

004.jpg

Edited by wymberley
photo's added

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Is it possible to buy adaptor rings and use an older lens?

What camera and lens do you have, some of these old cameras are still worth a few bob, I have an old Cannon AE-1 SLR and 4 different FD lens, looked on eBay and they are asking £150+ with lens, body without lens £50-£75.

I was told it was not possible to make compatible. All long gone.

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

Funny you should say that. I've just put a Canon 250 CU attachment on a nice little lens I got from here. Tried it on my Sigma zoom to no avail. Then put it on step-son's Subject lens. The result now reflects why I also want one. I'm on the I-pad now but will post the quick snap I took while comparing the differing magnifications shortly.

Canon CU attachment on Canon 28 - 80 zoom:

010.jpg

and then on the Subject lens:

004.jpg

Yup, well worth the trouble and expense if it's used regularly. If not try the plus filters, +1 through to 4 but best used on a tripod. Difficult not to get a little camera shake especially outdoors.