South Wales Police

steve_b_wales

According to the above, a GP Pro Forma is available to download from 15th February. I have just checked their website and cannot find any such form. Other police websites have the form ready to print off, but it contains their force ie Essex. 

Has anyone in my area filled in one of the forms recently, and if so, where did you find it to print off?

Thanks.

Yep, they have not yet provided a link for said form, although it should have been there yesterday (Saturday) I don’t think the office staff work on the weekend so look again tomorrow.:good:

If it ain’t there tomorrow I would give them a bell.

Edited by old'un

44 minutes ago, old'un said:

Yep, they have not yet provided a link for said form, although it should have been there yesterday (Saturday) I don’t think the office staff work on the weekend so look again tomorrow.:good:

If it ain’t there tomorrow I would give them a bell.

I will do. The problem is, phone calls to the firearms admin' team are only permitted between the hours of 2-4pm Thursdays only, and it's a hell of a job to get through to them.

1 minute ago, steve_b_wales said:

Still nothing on their site with regard to the GP Pro Forma, and I can't phone them until Thursday (IF I can get through to them!) 😦

Can I suggest you keep records/paper trail of all this, then when the police start threatening you, with god knows what for not complying with their timescales........you can prove it’s their fault!

3 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Can I suggest you keep records/paper trail of all this, then when the police start threatening you, with god knows what for not complying with their timescales........you can prove it’s their fault!

Good idea. I'm going to keep on trying a few times a day, until Thursday, and if the form is still not available to print off, then I will try and phone them.

47 minutes ago, old'un said:

I guess the question with regards this GP form is, are they the same form throughout the UK police force?

Kent police GP form…https://www.kent.police.uk/ar/applyregister/fao/kent/firearms-and-explosives-licensing/firearms-licensing-application-forms-and-fees/

Yes, the same, apart from the Crest on the paper heading.

14 hours ago, Shambam1962 said:

Hi I’ve just had my SGC renewal.

I had the doctors form emailed to me from South Wales Firearms Licensing Department.

If you send me your contact details, I’ll forward the email to you.

Thanks. I had an email myself from SW Police with the Pro Forma attached. Now waiting for my GP surgery to provide me with a copy of my medical records.

33 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

I phone police HQ anytime of day between 9 and 4 and always get through here in Gwent 

You are lucky. S W police used to be the same. I even remember taking my ticket down for a variation (expanding ammo' which they forgot to add) and waited in reception for it to be done. Free cup of tea too! 

UPDATE: My pro forma is ready to send to my nominated GP, and I've just received an email from him. He very kindly wrote that if my shooting is vocational, ie vermin control, then he is happy to negotiate his fee (currently £50) which I thought was very kind of him. 

Just waiting for my medical records from my GP, who informed me could take up to a month!

Hi Steve

When you have the inspection with the Firearms Officers, ask them for a business card.

I had 2 officers turn up to inspect my guns and security and they both gave me their cards and it has mobile numbers and email details for the specific officers.

It is very useful if you need to contact them and not wait until the Thursday as stated .

1 hour ago, Shambam1962 said:

Hi Steve

When you have the inspection with the Firearms Officers, ask them for a business card.

I had 2 officers turn up to inspect my guns and security and they both gave me their cards and it has mobile numbers and email details for the specific officers.

It is very useful if you need to contact them and not wait until the Thursday as stated .

Will do. I did have one off the last FEO but he's retired.

10 hours ago, Shambam1962 said:

I bet it was Malcolm Lowe, I found him brilliant.

He was really helpful with me when I was applying for my rifles and old school.

Nothing was to much trouble with him.

Yeah, Malcolm was a great guy to deal with. Another brilliant guy was Alan Pengalli (spelling) I dealt with him for many renewals.