Domino's Pizza

steve_b_wales

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Some years back when we ran business awareness courses for our staff we used to do benchmarking exercises, That basically meant taking other businesses and breaking down their business costs and profits plus all their overheads into a spreadsheet format.

Pizzas always came out as being incredibly profitable compared with the cost to make them. That's why there are so many pizza restaurants and franchises.

Two years ago a business that supplies Pizza takeaways told me the sector had experienced a 63% drop in turnover because of Just Eat/Delieveroo  etc.

edit: Just noticed your Signature the business was based in Park Royal

7 hours ago, mel b3 said:

See , now that's how the rich get richer . I have to pay full price at typhoid trevors grease emporium 😊

What about a Desperate Dan from The Tipton Pie Factory? a rite of passage for all new recruits to my work.

Edited by Dibble

10 minutes ago, Dibble said:

What about a Desperate Dan from The Tipton Pie Factory? a rite of passage for all new recruits to my work.

theyd be ok if they were a bit bigger , i could eat two of them , with a side order of chips and onion rings , and four slices of bread and butter :yes:.

im starving now :lol:.

Only ever had a dominos with my mate’s 50% emergency services discount. Even then it was over-priced and mediocre compared to what one of the pubs near us does a pizza for in their “proper” pizza oven.

Each to their own, but for what Dominos charge you’ll likely find an actual Italian near you that does an decent pizza for a few pounds more.

12 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Aldi do some good pizza in there chill counter. There are 3 or 4 flavours of big oval pizza £3.29 each.

I'll second that. The Aldi chilled pizzas are pretty good. The salami and roquito peppers one is great, the flat stone-baked garlic bread is good too. 

Domino's is rubbish. Just had a flyer through the door, the picture looks like something from the freezer section in Iceland and the one we'd get is about twenty quid delivered! 

Strange facts, Pizza as we know it today is not Italian, it started off in the poorest neighbourhoods of New York and Chicago. Because of fire risk the tenants in high rise apartment buildings were not allowed to have cooking facilities so had to send food out to cook houses at the end of each road to be cooked. The Italian immigrants sent their food on a Pizza (actually a flat metal cooking dish). The rest as they say is history, its probably the most easily recognised food world wide.

That no cooking ban probably did more to kick start the whole fast food industry than any other single event.

Kebabs are not Greek, they originated in India but British troops took the idea and the name to Cyprus 

11 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Strange facts, Pizza as we know it today is not Italian, it started off in the poorest neighbourhoods of New York and Chicago. Because of fire risk the tenants in high rise apartment buildings were not allowed to have cooking facilities so had to send food out to cook houses at the end of each road to be cooked. The Italian immigrants sent their food on a Pizza (actually a flat metal cooking dish). The rest as they say is history, its probably the most easily recognised food world wide.

That no cooking ban probably did more to kick start the whole fast food industry than any other single event.

Kebabs are not Greek, they originated in India but British troops took the idea and the name to Cyprus 

Berliners claim to have invented wrapping the Kebab in Pitta bread