Early morning at Asda

old'un

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, panoma1 said:

You can see the same type of scumbag that tried to claim monetary advantage from the Grenfell tower disaster, even though they weren’t there!! Are now scrabbling for personal advantage from the coronavirus global pandemic, at everyone else’s expense!

Hold on to your hats because we ain’t seen nothing yet!.........nowadays I am seldom surprised at the depths to which these selfish scumbags will sink!

Sadly you may well be true.

4 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Even if martial law is declared in a state of emergency?

In this country then yes. There will always be police to work with the military.  We are a long long way from martial law in any case. They would only call it if the entire fabric of society broke down and there were no police. It's doubtful there would be any military either at that point. 

Reading some of these comments, I think some on here are every bit as mad as the panic buyers. The accusations against them are harsh, I fully agree panic buying is not helpful, however, people are scared, young and old alike, a young family with children, it's no wonder young blokes are out stocking up to ensure food supply for their families.

And no I haven't bought anything I don't usually myself, although there are lots of my usual items I can't get, I don't think the country is anywhere near running out of food yet and is so far nothing more than an inconvenience. People need to get a grip, the panic buyers and the rabid over reacting members of pigeon watch alike.

18 hours ago, southeastpete said:

So why only search young people? More likely older people with families would get more desperate first...

search everyone or no one

Because historically over the last few years it's been mostly young males from north to south coasts who are quick to chiv someone for little or no reason (drug disputes excluded).  Older people are a lot more tolerant (usually). I'd like to quote some stats on ages of offenders involved in knife crime but I can't and have no intention of searching for any. 

7 hours ago, Sha Bu Le said:

Because historically over the last few years it's been mostly young males from north to south coasts who are quick to chiv someone for little or no reason (drug disputes excluded).  Older people are a lot more tolerant (usually). I'd like to quote some stats on ages of offenders involved in knife crime but I can't and have no intention of searching for any. 

The gangs and drug dealers yea. Not the rest. 

Min this situation all age groups are in the same boat so wen if you searched up previous stats, none would apply to this situation.

Edited by southeastpete