Anyone think they’ve already had it?

Scully

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

last wednesday............

some of us got this 😉

If you look at  the ratio of positive tests vs. negative relative to the number of tests overall there were clearly a lot of people jumping the gun early on (~16% returned +ve result), presumably through panic. I think the number now overall is ~33%.

My household all fell ill with symptoms related to the virus around the middle of Feb, I avoided it prior to my trip to Morocco which was a relief since I was at high altitude but definitely had some kind of bug on my return. No idea what the probability is that we all had it but I would guess low. My son and I are definitely suffering from hayfever this year (worse than most years for me).

Edited by Raja Clavata
typos

52 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

some of us got this 😉

If you look at  the ratio of positive tests vs. negative relative to the number of tests overall there were clearly a lot of people jumping the gun early on (~16% returned +ve result), presumably through panic. I think the number now overall is ~33%.

My household all fell ill with symptoms related to the virus around the middle of Feb, I avoided it prior to my trip to Morocco which was a relief since I was at high altitude but definitely had some kind of bug on my return. No idea what the probability is that we all had it but I would guess low. My son and I are definitely suffering from hayfever this year (worse than most years for me).

My mate who’s a nurse has said that the tests are still very unreliable mind. 
30%+ chance of a false negative. 

I am seeing this with referrals for me to discharge, testing negative for the virus despite having symptoms, then re-testing within a day or two and testing positive. 

4 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I am seeing this with referrals for me to discharge, testing negative for the virus despite having symptoms, then re-testing within a day or two and testing positive. 

Blimey, I thought the swab test was reliable 😞 

43 minutes ago, Scully said:

Thanks. Have experience all of those with the exception of vomiting, at some time from the beginning of March. 
Id like to think I’d had it, but I’m doubtful. It will be interesting to find out anyhow, when all this is over. 
Shooting mate who is in the ‘high risk ‘ group and was furloughed as a result a couple of days after we went shooting at Coniston, experienced some very weird symptoms a couple of weeks ago to the extent an ambulance was called. He didn’t go, but his GP who checked him over the following morning suspected Covid infection, but he seems ok now. 🤷‍♂️ 

Please do not take this as any concern Scully if you have experienced all the three cardinal symptoms and additional prodrome symptoms it appears increasingly likely that you have had it , however until you are tested for antibody you will not know.

I am seeing face to face confirmed and suspected Covid patients from babies to adults on a daily basis and all have had all symptoms to a varying degree which are related to CV. I am only having patients referred to me by gp's who have been telephone triaged patients and gp is concerned that the individual needs a face to face clinical assessment because they are deteriorating or have symptoms with a specific morbidity/condition with mild symptoms and may be a concern to the gp. After my assessment I may escalate the individual into hospital for management or if happy  send them back home for watchful waiting and self isolation with prescription meds and or advice and what to do should symptoms worsen.

It sound like your friend is on the mend and may I wish him all the best, I would think if his gp had advised him to go in he was quite poorly.

In the current climate I understand many individuals have concerns and do share some of those concerns to a degree but it must be taken into peoples concern that people are dying every day as people always have done and will continue to do so. Not  every death is because of Covid. Many individuals are dying with other conditions and just because they test positive for CV it does not always mean that it was the single cause of death. For the last two years identifying and managing Sepsis has been the big thing and correctly so, suddenly no one is talking about sepis and it is all Covid, I have reminded myself and my colleagues that sepsis has not gone away along with all the other causes of mortality of which we seen many, good nursing, medicine and clinical practice is about seeing the whole picture wherever possible and probable.

I am not underplaying the numbers involved or the seriousness of the current climate and increased vigilance when building a clinical picture on a individual basis and at risk groups is the correct approach. I am seeing some patients who are in at risk groups with age and or comorbidities who have had suspected and confirmed Covid infection who have been sent for second review who have clinically improved which is good news. That said it does not detract form the current government advice for self isolating at risk groups and social distancing/hygeine measures.

Lastly there is an army of people collectively going about there daily work. I absolutely take my hat off to all the carers in our communities who are doing a difficult but rewarding job a the best of times and in this current climate it increasingly challenging. Our nurses and doctors, we must not forget shop staff , delivery drivers to name a few of which the frontline staff wuld not be able to operate.

(apologies for digressing a little)

atb

7diaw

Lastly 

17 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

In many cases this is innate versus specific antibody response. Other scenarios can be the patient did not have the infection , had a viral load contact contamination then tests positive from throat swab.

atb

7diaw

3 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Please do not take this as any concern Scully if you have experienced all the three cardinal symptoms and additional prodrome symptoms it appears increasingly likely that you have had it , however until you are tested for antibody you will not know.

I am seeing face to face confirmed and suspected Covid patients from babies to adults on a daily basis and all have had all symptoms to a varying degree which are related to CV. I am only having patients referred to me by gp's who have been telephone triaged patients and gp is concerned that the individual needs a face to face clinical assessment because they are deteriorating or have symptoms with a specific morbidity/condition with mild symptoms and may be a concern to the gp. After my assessment I may escalate the individual into hospital for management or if happy  send them back home for watchful waiting and self isolation with prescription meds and or advice and what to do should symptoms worsen.

It sound like your friend is on the mend and may I wish him all the best, I would think if his gp had advised him to go in he was quite poorly.

In the current climate I understand many individuals have concerns and do share some of those concerns to a degree but it must be taken into peoples concern that people are dying every day as people always have done and will continue to do so. Not  every death is because of Covid. Many individuals are dying with other conditions and just because they test positive for CV it does not always mean that it was the single cause of death. For the last two years identifying and managing Sepsis has been the big thing and correctly so, suddenly no one is talking about sepis and it is all Covid, I have reminded myself and my colleagues that sepsis has not gone away along with all the other causes of mortality of which we seen many, good nursing, medicine and clinical practice is about seeing the whole picture wherever possible and probable.

I am not underplaying the numbers involved or the seriousness of the current climate and increased vigilance when building a clinical picture on a individual basis and at risk groups is the correct approach. I am seeing some patients who are in at risk groups with age and or comorbidities who have had suspected and confirmed Covid infection who have been sent for second review who have clinically improved which is good news. That said it does not detract form the current government advice for self isolating at risk groups and social distancing/hygeine measures.

Lastly there is an army of people collectively going about there daily work. I absolutely take my hat off to all the carers in our communities who are doing a difficult but rewarding job a the best of times and in this current climate it increasingly challenging. Our nurses and doctors, we must not forget shop staff , delivery drivers to name a few of which the frontline staff wuld not be able to operate.

atb

7diaw

Lastly 

A perfect post that places the emphasis that Covid is not the sole reason for mortality.

7 hours ago, fatchap said:

I've not felt right since Christmas, seriously! Feels like I have the starting of a cold but never becomes a full b;own cold so to speak. Some days I'm ok but others feel a bit ****.

Same here, but mine started mid February.

43 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

atb

7diaw

Thanks for taking the time; very informative. Look after yourself. 👍