Sign in to follow this  
Douburr

IR batteries

Hi guys any ideas what are the best batteries for a IR I have a sirius laser Not wanting to buy the cheap Rubbish Thought I’d ask before I buy new . Cheers 

I’ve heard about old laptop batteries are suppose to be good but I just rather buy quality ones online ?

Posted (edited)

Hello, flat type still work and put less pressure on the spring, Samsung 30 q in my l/R torch, I bought these in local vape shop 2x £10

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

6 minutes ago, Douburr said:

I’ve heard about old laptop batteries are suppose to be good but I just rather buy quality ones online ?

Hello, lots of people use these just need to use a 18650 battery tester, you might get a few good out of the laptop

Posted (edited)

On some advice I recently got I purchased some ( flat top ) usun 3000AH 3.7v on eBay but that was for a pard I was going to buy ended up buying a drone x10 but did not realise I could use the flat top ones in the IR  ?? So maybe before I buy new I’d better off trying those as that information came from a knowledgeable guy . 

Edited by Douburr

Ok thanks as I said I didn’t realise you could use both flat and nipple type . Cheers 

Online Douburr, took 3 days to arrive, have a look on his website and make sure you get the correct ones, know quite a few people who use them. 

scobydog 

Many thanks I’ll look and thanks too cap’t Chris, vape chargers look good 🤙🤙

Cheers for that I have got a couple of laptops we’re about to bin so I just as well take them out and give them a go .. 

Took laptop batteries out , just a long sealed block. ? It’s a 2008 so back to Torchyboy  !!!

On 26/07/2020 at 10:34, Douburr said:

Took laptop batteries out , just a long sealed block. ? It’s a 2008 so back to Torchyboy  !!!

yes thats right you have to take batteries out