Return holiday quarantine

Dave-G

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Glad you’re exempt 👍

we need the chemtrails topping up just to keep on top of the conspiracy theories and such 😂😂

Just layed a few from the Humber all the way up to Glasgow 🙂

Going to spread some more towards Leeds later.....

Edited by Jaymo

On 26/08/2020 at 17:16, rimfire4969 said:

I would not travel to shop in a lock down area but that is the point if lockdown. Some of these countries have had so few cases compared to the UK. In fact you have less chance of catching it in some than in the UK.  

The problem lies in the resorts rather than countries as a whole. In the case of zante for example. OK, its a party island, people don't go there for a quiet time but reports are that the bars and clubs were rammed with people in the same way as they would have been before the pandemic. No social distancing etc

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

Sad news for you and the aviation industry 

I shall check my lottery tickets and see if I can give you a job as my personal pilot 😊

can you fly a helicopter 🤔

Nope, been in plenty, so I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard ( some friends are Ex rotaries, so if they can do it, then so can I 😉)

I look forward to receiving the offer of employment in due course 👍🏻

53 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Nope, been in plenty, so I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard ( some friends are Ex rotaries, so if they can do it, then so can I 😉)

I look forward to receiving the offer of employment in due course 👍🏻

It can’t be that hard I’ve seen air America 😂😂

sadly no luck this weekend however I have purchased another 

I shall keep you informed 😊👍👍

11 hours ago, Jaymo said:

If we don’t get more passengers soon, then I’m afraid we won’t be gracing the skies for much longer. 

It must be grim. I have flown at least once every year since I was 16. For the past 15 years have probably done 24 long haul flights each year. If not more. Not flown since November so looks like this will be 12 months without stepping on a plane or in a airport. I actually miss it. 

38 minutes ago, AVB said:

It must be grim. I have flown at least once every year since I was 16. For the past 15 years have probably done 24 long haul flights each year. If not more. Not flown since November so looks like this will be 12 months without stepping on a plane or in a airport. I actually miss it. 

I miss the destinations i might have been going to and having a look out the window when flying, but the airport experience I don't miss a single bit.

I do very much hope that we can quickly get to something resembling normality though, what we have right now is utterly dire.

50 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

How long can an airline pilot keep his licence if he doesn't fly? 

Your License is validated by the ‘Currency and training’ requirements.

We for instance, have four Simulator session in a rolling 12 month period. Of which one, is your License Proficiency Check - fail that and it’s no flying until passed.

Assuming you comply with the above requirements, we then have a little ruling that we can’t fly without some form of revalidation/consolidation flights under supervision, if we don’t attain three take offs and landing in the preceding 90 days.

59 minutes ago, grrclark said:

I miss the destinations i might have been going to and having a look out the window when flying, but the airport experience I don't miss a single bit.

I do very much hope that we can quickly get to something resembling normality though, what we have right now is utterly dire.

It is dire in all the Airports that I’ve been operating too.

From the vastly reduced passenger numbers and  Crew morale, to the empty Terminal buildings and shut up shops/ restaurants within.

Like so many institutions, it’s not just the direct implication and effect to the Airlines, it’s the supply chain and sub support industries that surround these core industries. Just look at how affected areas are where large Office complexes remain empty. 

35 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

It is dire in all the Airports that I’ve been operating too.

From the vastly reduced passenger numbers and  Crew morale, to the empty Terminal buildings and shut up shops/ restaurants within.

Like so many institutions, it’s not just the direct implication and effect to the Airlines, it’s the supply chain and sub support industries that surround these core industries. Just look at how affected areas are where large Office complexes remain empty. 

Exactly that, what is visible in the airport terminal building is the tip of the iceberg.  The supply chain underneath airport and flight operations is massive and mostly operate at a fairly lean margin too.

Going back a few years I did a lot of consulting work in the airline supply chain sector and it was a hungry monster with very big numbers involved, there will be an awful lot of pips squeaking as they are getting squeezed harder than they ever have.