Removal of School Places.

TIGHTCHOKE

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Not sure If I agree with this approach, although if it were to help stop transmission I may think differently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-55809975

Schools spying on activities outside of school. Nice. And if one school ‘expels’ them then another school will need to accommodate them. Unless of course we are going to change the law so that local authorities don’t have an obligation to educate children. 

1 minute ago, AVB said:

Schools spying on activities outside of school. Nice. And if one school ‘expels’ them then another school will need to accommodate them. Unless of course we are going to change the law so that local authorities don’t have an obligation to educate children. 

If the school are aware of pupils and their parents not following the guidelines and effectively risking the well being of Staff and pupils, are they wrong to threaten this?

Because it’s intrusive and the school are are acting as judge, jury and executioner as well as punishing the children for the actions of their parents. Children of a young age have been known to exaggerate at times so would you take what they say as gospel? I reckon some come up with some right old fantasy over what they did at the weekend. 

And, more importantly, it shifts the problem to another school who has to pick up the responsibility for teaching the children. 

It’s a good threat maybe to get the parents toeing the line, but what if they don’t let those kids come into the school. 

Presumably the parents are key workers, so they then wouldn’t be able to work... supposedly,  it as they don’t seem to have an issue sending their kids about the place then instead of school they can just go to a neighbour or friend or relative. 

On balance I think yes it is a good idea.

12 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

It’s a good threat maybe to get the parents toeing the line, but what if they don’t let those kids come into the school. 

Presumably the parents are key workers, so they then wouldn’t be able to work... supposedly,  it as they don’t seem to have an issue sending their kids about the place then instead of school they can just go to a neighbour or friend or relative. 

On balance I think yes it is a good idea.

I interpreted it as a withdrawal of a place at the school i.e. permanent exclusion. 

30 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Funnily I read it as a removal of key worker/ vulnerable place only.

I read it that way also. I can't help but notice the teaching unions are all left wing and have a tory government in power. They couldn't frustrate him any more if they tried. I strongly suspect this it were a labour government they would have been as quiet as church mice.

From what I hear from colleagues and friends with children  the home schooling is rather abysmal. Lots of classes with no teachers bothering to log in, no homework. Repeated lessons  work set far below their usual standard. Can't help but wonder why, neither can  former teacher i work with who says they years lessons should have already been planned and there is little excuse for not logging into teams or whatever it is. 

Reads to me as the key worker place would be removed.

"One man told the BBC his two grandchildren were at the school and children as young as four have been asked about their activities at home, which was "out of order".

"My granddaughters are pretty intimidated by the tone," he said.

"Asking them questions like that and then the answers off the back of that. They come to a decision of whether they are going to displace them or not."

Kids are always asked what they did at the weekend, and I'm biased but if kids are still going to school then they should absolutely be sticking to the rules.

If not then why not lose the place.