steel buildings

dodgy dave

Local is best and if they're good they'll have references of others they done the same thing for. Remember that if the contractor is erecting building they've not themselves supplied then what if your eBay kit pack is "out of spec"? The contractor blames the eBay seller and the eBay seller will blame the contractor.  

Edited by enfieldspares

steel buildings....can sweat.......and produce lots of condensation..........if you do deciede to go with steel make sure you do a proper insulation job on it........i do like the idea of steel sectioned buildings.............but beware there is a lot of utter carp out there.....

just to add....if i had my time again i would go for a home built wooden shed with a PVC./epoxy skin steel sectioned roof....and insulated underneath...would have the best of both worlds then

Edited by ditchman

41 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Why not buy an ISO container that's been converted or convert one yourself.

For the same reasons mentioned above!  Despite their trendiness, an ISO container is a terrible starting point for a building.  Also, did you read the OP's post - he wants 9 x 6 m, not 6 x 2.44 m!

All I can suggest is speak to local steel erectors and see who they use if you want the low-hassle turn key approach.

My brother bought an ebay special, but he runs a building firm so just had his lads come in on a Saturday and hired a telehandler.  Went surprisingly smoothly, but you might or might not not be so lucky.

Hopefully someobody who's actually done this recently will be along shortly.

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Why not buy an ISO container that's been converted or convert one yourself.

yes ive got a container  for storage but i want something i can put a couple of old tractors in as well i had a wooden one but the council made me take it down as it was leaning too much next door complained. i find that with those   containers are such a job to open the doors but im surprised  how dry they are no condensation at all

22 hours ago, dodgy dave said:

im thinking of putting a steel building in my yard about 9x6mtrs  buy it in kit form and get a contractor in can anyone give me any advice on this i saw a kit on ebay is this the best place to buy from any ideas

i talk utter rubbish.....disregard my post...............i read your post wrong thought it was a garden shed 9ft x6ft............im sure you will be fine with any steel sectional building of that size.........there are thousands of them all over the world..........

im a dork ..sorry

6 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

It’s not hard if your not afraid of heights.  There was four of us putting this barn up in one day 44x24ft  I had the concrete poured by professionals. It would have been easier if I had went with a plain rectangle.  

EC674825-8B7E-42D1-BE5D-6419B21268D4.jpeg

That looks a beauty 👍👌

6 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

That looks a beauty 👍👌

Thanks,  my only complaint with this kit was the siding and trim was not cut to size.  The frames were already cut and welded but the sides, trim, roof panels were full sheets that had to be screwed down and the trimmed after in place. I feel like a lot should be a cut to size. 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

12 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Thanks,  my only complaint with this kit was the siding and trim was not cut to size.  The frames were already cut and welded but the sides, trim, roof panels were full sheets that had to be screwed down and the trimmed after in place. I feel like a lot should be a cut to size. 

In any case it looks well 👍