It gets dafter

Walker570

If it wasn't serious it would be laughable.  I have just this moment been pinged on my mobile by my Doctors surgery, contact us for your booster.  So I gave them a call and the nice lady receptionist recognised me ( I gave her a haunch of muntie once) and she said no problem I can sort you a date and time.  Which she did. I then said can I make an appointment for my wife as well?  Has she been pinged,  No,  well in that case I can't. Now as previously reported here my wife had a letter from the NHS saying get your booster. Tried numerous times to make sense of the details on the letter and now my wife can't get an appointment for one at her doctors.  I do think the lunatics have taken over the asylum.  This does in no way relate to our surgery or the staff who we consider the A Team but they are without doubt getting the rough edge of the deal.  Shameful.

59 minutes ago, Scully said:

I got word that I was eligible for a booster, but not that I should call to make an appointment. 
No doubt they’ll contact me in due time. 

/\ This.  I have been told I will be contacted 'soon' for an appointment - and not to call them.  That is all fine - and I'm happy.  I read (on NHS website) that you will not be contacted until at least 6 calendar months after your second jab - which in my case was 25th May ........ so I'm not expecting a call to book an appointment before 25th November.  Does in fact make sense.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Found it! 🙂

So neither of you are vulnerable then? 
I got word that I was eligible for a booster, but not that I should call to make an appointment. 
No doubt they’ll contact me in due time. 

Well I suppose as two 81 year olds approaching 82 vulnerable . We are pretty fit but in my view that should not be the situation.  They have had more than enough time to get this sorted and up and running. I understand the situation has now been passed to the grey suited faceless ones at NHS Regional level to sort out. You could not make it up .....  still a Nationalised Industry again.  My wife is going into the surgery tomorrow to find out what the situation is. We do feel for those at the sharp end...no pun intended...they are the ones getting the brick bats. My surgery now has to make a verbal plea when you ring in ..pleased do not abuse our staff as they are working flat out to try and sort it.... or words to that effect.   .................did I mention brewery before ???

Just read John's contribution. We had our jabs in February and where in the first wave.  Our Practise had it down to a fine art, brilliant. 

I think what has happend is some uselsss 'paper hat' has not ordered enough vaccine it is slowly playing catch up.  I remember being told in late April/May that we would need a booster about now more than adequate time to get sufficient supplies.    

Edited by Walker570

12 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

you will not be contacted until at least 6 calendar months after your second jab - which in my case was 25th May ........ so I'm not expecting a call to book an appointment before 25th November.  Does in fact make sense.

My second jab was 24th April and I was contacted on 18th October. Booked in for first appointment offered, 28th Oct.

Edited by London Best

1 minute ago, London Best said:

My second jab was 24th April and I was contacted on 18th October. Booked in for first appointment offered, 28th Oct.

6 months minus a few days to be contacted and plus a few days to be jabbed then.  All as per what I understand the 'plan' says.

53 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Well I suppose as two 81 year olds approaching 82 vulnerable . We are pretty fit but in my view that should not be the situation.  They have had more than enough time to get this sorted and up and running. I understand the situation has now been passed to the grey suited faceless ones at NHS Regional level to sort out. You could not make it up .....  still a Nationalised Industry again.  My wife is going into the surgery tomorrow to find out what the situation is. We do feel for those at the sharp end...no pun intended...they are the ones getting the brick bats. My surgery now has to make a verbal plea when you ring in ..pleased do not abuse our staff as they are working flat out to try and sort it.... or words to that effect.   .................did I mention brewery before ???

Just read John's contribution. We had our jabs in February and where in the first wave.  Our Practise had it down to a fine art, brilliant. 

I think what has happend is some uselsss 'paper hat' has not ordered enough vaccine it is slowly playing catch up.  I remember being told in late April/May that we would need a booster about now more than adequate time to get sufficient supplies.    

Fair enough. You’re getting on, but not vulnerable, and you’ve been double jabbed. 

I can understand people’s frustrations, but given what a huge organisation the NHS is, and the circumstances the staff find themselves in, we all need to be just a bit more patient. 
They’ll get round to you eventually no doubt.

39 minutes ago, Scully said:

Fair enough. You’re getting on, but not vulnerable, and you’ve been double jabbed. 

I can understand people’s frustrations, but given what a huge organisation the NHS is, and the circumstances the staff find themselves in, we all need to be just a bit more patient. 
They’ll get round to you eventually no doubt.

We are not vulnerable because we keep ourselves trim , don't smoke and don't over indulge in harmful things. We are both within a few pounds of what we were back in the 60s.  I don't see why we should be slid to the back every time as a result. 

Just now, Walker570 said:

We are not vulnerable because we keep ourselves trim , don't smoke and don't over indulge in harmful things. We are both within a few pounds of what we were back in the 60s.  I don't see why we should be slid to the back every time as a result. 

I’m not sure you’ve been slid to the back ‘again’.
You stated you were in the ‘first wave’ with the first jabs so that’s hardly the case. 
I’m not having a pop, seriously, like I said, I just don’t get this constant criticism of our NHS, I really don’t. 

9 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I don't see why we should be slid to the back every time as a result.

That's the 'state' for you.  Basically, financially, medically etc. - the state will do nothing to help those who have 'been responsible' and taken good care of themselves/their affairs until it becomes an emergency (often though something unforeseen), but will do anything for those who have never even tried to 'behave responsibly' and have milked the system for everything they can get.  That's state control for you.

Edited by JohnfromUK

2 hours ago, Scully said:

I’m not sure you’ve been slid to the back ‘again’.
You stated you were in the ‘first wave’ with the first jabs so that’s hardly the case. 
I’m not having a pop, seriously, like I said, I just don’t get this constant criticism of our NHS, I really don’t. 

My critisism is with just certain sections of the NHS. I have stated that the front line staff ar superb my own Practise we call the A Team they are superb BUT there is a certain section of the NHS not coming up with the goods and that is evident from articles in newspapers and journals. It is they , the faceless ones who are causing all sorts of problems for the front line staff.

PLUS you are suggesting we are not vulnerable because we are pretty fit.  Sorry I don't go for that we paid into the system same as all the fat feckless ones.

Edited by Walker570

7 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

My critisism is with just certain sections of the NHS. I have stated that the front line staff ar superb my own Practise we call the A Team they are superb BUT there is a certain section of the NHS not coming up with the goods and that is evident from articles in newspapers and journals. It is they , the faceless ones who are causing all sorts of problems for the front line staff.

PLUS you are suggesting we are not vulnerable because we are pretty fit.  Sorry I don't go for that we paid into the system same as all the fat feckless ones.

I never suggested anything of the sort! It was you who claimed you weren't vulnerable because you were fit, I made the statement because of what you told us regarding your health and the fact you've been double jabbed. 

People with underlying health issues are the vulnerable ones. I'm not suggesting you shouldn't have it, and I've no doubt you will get it in time. 

You're making assumptions about people you don't even know, some are fat and feckless through no fault of their own.

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

I never suggested anything of the sort! It was you who claimed you weren't vulnerable because you were fit, I made the statement because of what you told us regarding your health and the fact you've been double jabbed. 

People with underlying health issues are the vulnerable ones. I'm not suggesting you shouldn't have it, and I've no doubt you will get it in time. 

You're making assumptions about people you don't even know, some are fat and feckless through no fault of their own.

Im with you on this one Scully, everybody should be patient and they will get to us all eventually.

Well finally got a result and my wife booked an appointment after attending our surgery. She was told because she didn't have a mobile number she would not be able to be pinged.  The word was the whole system is in chaos and changing by the hour.  I consider The Daily Telegraph as one of the more reliable newspapers and the articles in there appear to confirm this.  Do not harangue your Doctors surgery as they are tearing their hair out and doing their best in the circumstances.

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I had a text yesterday , it was from my doctors surgery,  telling me to go in and get my flu jab . My good lady called them today , and was told that they have no jabs , but might have some in over the next couple of weeks. 

I've had this problem also, Drs said book the flu via the chemist. Chemist says they have no stocks and no idea of next delivery, contact Drs.

As my wife is housebound they normally come to us, apparently not this year, same for booster.