Simon Reeve Lake District

chrisjpainter

14 hours ago, Scully said:

Was that about The Lakes or just more climate change indoctrination? It really is the new religion, with all sceptics being hailed as heretics. 

I was really looking forward to Reeves program about the Americas a few years back, https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00095p0 ,but only lasted 2 episodes because it was more about climate change than anything else.
Plus it wouldnt be so bad if he actually knew what he was talking about.

His lakes progs better than most. Not to fluffy! Impossible to please everyone it seems. Great to see James Rebanks on there. Doing and proving live stock still has and can be a big part in real diverse sustainable farming and conservation going forward. Showing it's not rocket surgery! He well worth looking up and his books make a great read. Top bloke that talks a lot of sense! Showing by example.         NB  

On 15/11/2021 at 17:31, Mice! said:

He did, you can't say they aren't fun to watch. He also said about them carrying pox, out competing the reds and the damage they cause.

Fun to watch, taking blue tit chicks from nest, stripping sycamore bark from end branches, ripping into anything for the hell of it and a threat to reds, there should be a bounty on them end of 

2 hours ago, steve s×s said:

Fun to watch, taking blue tit chicks from nest, stripping sycamore bark from end branches, ripping into anything for the hell of it and a threat to reds, there should be a bounty on them end of 

I don't disagree with you, and I shoot quite a few 😇, but for a lot of people there the only wild mammal they'll see.

3 hours ago, steve s×s said:

There was until 1957 when the FB brigade and animal rights got it dropped.  It was 10p in new money but in buying power was more than the price of a pint.

5 hours ago, Mice! said:

I don't disagree with you, and I shoot quite a few 😇, but for a lot of people there the only wild mammal they'll see.

Yep and if you controled the said only wild animal you would see you would see a hell of a lot more, lots of places now you only see squirrel, magpie, Crow, and the dreadful critter that iam not allowed to mention 

21 hours ago, Mice! said:

I'd never even looked at it that way . You're bang on the money ,  and it probably explains why so many people are so protective of them. 

The only real answer is education I suppose , but the shooting of greys will most likely be long banned before that happens. 

On 29/11/2021 at 12:57, Rewulf said:

Plus it wouldnt be so bad if he actually knew what he was talking about.

I agree but it's not just him. He simply recycles the same old climate change horse manure as all the other "experts" who like to preach.

He and his ilk constantly demonstrate their ignorance by referring to CO2 as a pollutant, whereas it's actually the gas upon which all life on the planet depends.

7 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I'd never even looked at it that way . You're bang on the money ,  and it probably explains why so many people are so protective of them. 

The only real answer is education I suppose , but the shooting of greys will most likely be long banned before that happens. 

It's the reason people like seeing them in their gardens,  look how many places that sell bird food do a squirrel mix, but most folk will never have seen a red in the wild and so see greys as being native. 

Like you say education is key, Knowsley safari Park are supposed to be putting in a red squirrel area, and looking to clear the estate of greys, but the biggest effect they can have is educating people as to why reds and greys can't live happily together.