Justified? I know what i think

monkeyjaimz

Monkeyjaimz,

I drive around in an unmarked police car most of the time and and have dished out loads of tickets for people using a mobile phone while driving. Everyone of those people knew that they were not supposed to do it but they all made the decision themselves the answer or make the call.

I have had all the sob storys and excuses possible and ignore all of them. I don't care why someone answered the phone but I do care about the innocent law abiding members of the public who are going about their business who don't want to get killed or injured by some idiot on the phone.

My priority at work is catching criminals not people on the phone but if i see them I will deal with them.

It's your fault you got the ticket not the police's. Be an adult and accept it.

Harry

:lol: Jeeze you really are Dirty Harry.!! :blush::good::good:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Issuing "stern warnings" for traffic offences as a permanent deterrent doesn't work and wouldn't work.

How many of us have been belting up the motorway and then come across a bad accident.

It makes you slow down for a few miles, even the whole of that day, but you soon forget it and get back to your normal driving.

Slowing down just for the speed camera, is another good example.

It really annoys me to see people on their mobiles whilst driving. It would be far more of a deterrent if instead of three points and £60 the Plods could confiscate the phone and destroy it on the spot. That would really hurt a lot of the mobile phone obsessed muppets.

Now that I like, a bit similair to the operations they run for no road tax etc . Take the car away to a pound, charge for that, then charge storage, then a release fee as well as the tax - brilliant! If they cant pay withtin a certain time it gets crushed.

Hits the ******* where it hurts. :blush:

P.

After having to scrape up bits of a motorist and then help deliver the death message to his family while i could still smell his blood in my nose i decided to **** discretion regarding mobiles.

The accident was caused by another drivers loss of concentration while on the phone.

Fair enough, I respect that.

I still feel that in my particular case a ####ing would have had the same effect as endorsements and fines etc as far as re-offending goes, but I guess I would say that wouldnt I?

I suppose that the fact I have never really had any real good come from the police force may have led to me being a little jaded towards them.

I accept however, that there are good pc plods out there (somewhere :blush: ) and I was breaking the rules, however marginally.

The thing is we all complain about the cops being too lenient. There comes a point when ticking off turns to penalty.

I have got as much right to use a mobile while driving as I have to drive drunk,drugged or with no brakes.I have no right to be sharing the road while doing this with any of you folks or your families.If I am dumb enough to do it again and get caught I will take whatever happens knowing I deserve it.The idea is to p*** you off so much you stop.

Us humans arent developed enough or mature enough not to have laws enforced upon us.

Sorry Harry, I stand by the above statement.

Part of being an adult is being able to use your 'hopefully educated' brain and make judgement calls day to day.

So which part of your educated brain did you use to make the judgement call to answer the phone while driving?

Maybe they did catch your burglar and gave him a stern talking to?

Harry

So which part of your educated brain did you use to make the judgement call to answer the phone while driving?

Harry

Think you missed the point, I've accepted that I was wrong in the first place. I merely voiced my opinion that the officer in question had the option to make a judgement call and chose not to, frankly leaving me feeling like a victim myself.

Maybe they did catch your burglar and gave him a stern talking to?

Harry

In this day and age where police officers watch little children drown rather than attempt to save them, If they did catch him and give him a telling off, it was probably telling him not to get caught in the act next time as it creates more paperwork for them when theres a witness left afterwards.

I think this thread has gotten kind of waylayed somewhere, perhaps someone from admin should close it?

Monkeyjaimz, I can't belive after all this time and advice given you are still trying to justify your actions?? You broke the law and got caught live with it!!

I like the post earlier from Harry stating that they caught the burgular and gave him a talking to!! :blush: LOL

Dean

Harry

In this day and age where police officers watch little children drown rather than attempt to save them, If they did catch him and give him a telling off, it was probably telling him not to get caught in the act next time as it creates more paperwork for them when theres a witness left afterwards.

I think this thread has gotten kind of waylayed somewhere, perhaps someone from admin should close it?

That was a PCSO (civilian) not an officer, get it right!!

Dean K

that was a PCSO and to me there was more to it, the kid had been under water a while and they couldn't see them. A good few people were or had been in the water with no joy. To me the parents were lashing out, anyone trained in water rescue would say they did the right thing you never know whats under the water in murky ponds

I think you got off lightly with three points. the officer should have chopped your hands off then you would neither be able to drive or answer the phone whilst doing so......you are obviously a complete lunatic......the best thing is is that if your shotty licence is ufor renewal soon you will have to declare the points and once they find out what for.....well you'll be for it then mate.

(to save the effort/bother of the ones out there without a sense of humour, the above has a somewhat tongue in cheek tone running through it so if you really are going to reply with a rant don't bother or else i shall bestow a gypsy curse on you).

Moral of the day- don't **** on my back and tell me thats it's raining. :lol:

I've got to agree with DfB, there's really no excuse for it, and I really can't quite get my mind around the fact that virtually every "White Van Man" that I now see on the road has the damn thing permanently glued to his ear.

Now, wouldn't you think that if you drove a van for a living, you would invest a few bob on a hands free kit, or ask your employer to provide one, as you obviously really need to be talking literally 24 / 7..??

Still, as others have said, the law is not enforced, the plod are far too busy filling in forms on racial equality back at the nick, so nothing much changes. :lol:

Cat.

In this day and age where police officers watch little children drown rather than attempt to save them,

They were not the police, they were civillians who work for the police.

They did not watch him drown, they did not see him.

You got caught and appear to have a big chip on your shoulder.

Harry