“Up to 22CF”

WalkedUp

1 hour ago, Luckyshot said:

Even with an open ticket you still need to have one piece of ground which is cleared for your largest calibre. 

It does seem a bit odd that you can get a .243 passed on one piece of land and then go and shoot a piece of land that’s not been passed.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, old'un said:

Yes, but as stated above by others you still need one piece of land that is approved for your largest calibre, open ticket or not.

Yes, but the reason is that where ever else you shoot is simply between you and whoever has the authority to grant you permission. The police are required to know that you do actually have a defined permission.

Hi,

I had the same restriction on an area of land in N/Wales, only up to .22cf, this allowed for anything up to .225 Winchester which iirc is the largest 22cf cartridge. I ended up getting a 22 Hornet but could have had 22 250,220 swift etc. 

243 and 270 are definitely not 22 cf cartridges no matter what the feo says.

s

7 hours ago, wymberley said:

Given the permission and the open cert, you can crack on, surely. That is, of course, provided you can still show by naming it that you do actually have somewhere to shoot - possibly the land detailed on your initial application and which reflects your largest calibre. If for whatever reason that is lost then it seems only sensible - barring the exceptions (paid stalking, etc) - to provide details of an alternative in order to validate your cert'.

I have the ground still but I can see it coming to an end over the next 5-10 years maximum. I use that 243 everywhere but because the police deem it only 223 safe on 90% of my ground I’ll have to loose it and use a gun that fires the same weight bullet at almost the same speed anyway but won’t be deer legal . 
personally I think it’s daft . 
it should be down to my judgement like it is already . 

i have 4 rifles .22    17Hornet  and 243 as i shoot boar i applied for a 308 not that i needed it to shoot boar but thought i would get one the ground i had my other 3 rifles on was rated up to 243 so when i applied for the 308 they said no the ground is only rated up to 243 what nonsense i told them so in the end i went and got some ground and got the 308 cleared it on there  as all my rifles are opened i use the 308 on the ground they said wasn't cleared for 308 utter cobblers 

6 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

i have 4 rifles .22    17Hornet  and 243 as i shoot boar i applied for a 308 not that i needed it to shoot boar but thought i would get one the ground i had my other 3 rifles on was rated up to 243 so when i applied for the 308 they said no the ground is only rated up to 243 what nonsense i told them so in the end i went and got some ground and got the 308 cleared it on there  as all my rifles are opened i use the 308 on the ground they said wasn't cleared for 308 utter cobblers 

😂😂😂 it’s laughable 

On 22/02/2022 at 07:54, team tractor said:

I was told I haven’t got land passed for my 12g 5 shot 😂😂😂.

my mate didn’t realise I’d got a farm passed already for 22hornet but he was only allowed 22lr . 

22cf is about your limit around here but I have 243 on 2 bits of ground . My worry is loosing the 243 as hs2 is going through that ground .

Why the restrictions? I have .223,.2506,.308 ,have had in the past .300 WSM in the flatist county in England!