peck

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, clangerman said:

support for peaceful or violent protest are again completely different things you don’t have to support both methods freedom to have such a choice is the very reason truckers are protesting and rightly so unless you wish to live in a police state 

Still illegal blocking roads and disrupting peoples lives, if people support what the truckers are doing they are supporting law breaking. 

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

So you support people that break the law and disrupt peoples life's to get their point across, OK. I take it you would support similar protests in the UK from, Extinction Rebellion, Insulate Britain etc. 

Yes, it's a free country.. Causing damage I do not support, but have not seen any from the Truckers so far like the ones you name including Black Lives Matter.

1 minute ago, serrac said:

No, serious injuries are being caused to (genuine) peaceful protestors by the unjustified use of excessive force by the CMP at the instigation of an out of control government.

I see you wearing blinkers - just like those police horses. You failed to explain how an ambulance can make good progress through the wilfully deliberate illegal obstructions to roads - paid for by taxpayers - using blues and twos.

Dress it up any way you want, this is as bad as BLM and ER protesters interfering with public rights of access and passage.

3 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

So bullies using strength of numbers blocking the highway aren't breaking the law then? 

You know, Justin Trudeou could just say "fine, don't take the vaccine if you don't want to - you're just sitting in your cabs all day on your own anyway" and they would all go back to work.  I think we all know who the real bullies are in this situation.

1 minute ago, Dave-G said:

I see you wearing blinkers - just like those police horses. You failed to explain how an ambulance can make good progress through the wilfully deliberate illegal obstructions to roads - paid for by taxpayers - using blues and twos.

Dress it up any way you want, this is as bad as BLM and ER protesters interfering with public rights of access and passage.

Please post some videos of ambulances being so obstructed.

On 17/02/2022 at 04:49, Dave-G said:

Yea they are very important people, equally as bad as gluing themselves to roads to screw anyone who needs to get to work, how very dare they - and they obstruct the emergency services too.

And whilst I truly hope nobody dies or suffers life changing injuries because ambulances cannot make decent emergency passage, it will be justice if its very close relatives of anyone criminally obstructing public highways. 

They'd get a lot more support and sympathy if they protested in a way that doesn't screw up other peoples lives.

Check out the support they are getting now across Canada and the USA.  Trudeaux got it seriously wrong and the Canadians are now telling him so, he is History.

4 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Still illegal blocking roads and disrupting peoples lives, if people support what the truckers are doing they are supporting law breaking. 

you can support the legal actions of protesting without supporting the illegal ones in the same way you can  support the use of excessive force or justified force to remove people 

5 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Check out the support they are getting now across Canada and the USA.  Trudeaux got it seriously wrong and the Canadians are now telling him so, he is History.

Oh they have loads of support OK - but from all the wokies IMO who overlook the fact that they are illegally disrupting other peoples right to pass along the roads and go about their lawful lives.

Its no better than flying picket bullies gangs using strength of numbers that a lone worker (or motorist) cannot make way. Its illegal obstruction of the public in my opinion Nev, and I guess we'll have to see thing through different eyes mate.

14 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Oh they have loads of support OK - but from all the wokies IMO who overlook the fact that they are illegally disrupting other peoples right to pass along the roads and go about their lawful lives.

Its no better than flying picket bullies gangs using strength of numbers that a lone worker (or motorist) cannot make way. Its illegal obstruction of the public in my opinion Nev, and I guess we'll have to see thing through different eyes mate.

If we go down the road of North Korea how do ordinary everyday folks like you and I object to how our 'rulers' are running our lives.  As I say many times, these people like Trudeaux get voted in by people who are willing to live under that type of regime.  We almost fell into the trap here with the lock downs which have now been found to be a total waste of time and money.

6 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

If we go down the road of North Korea how do ordinary everyday folks like you and I object to how our 'rulers' are running our lives.  As I say many times, these people like Trudeaux get voted in by people who are willing to live under that type of regime.  We almost fell into the trap here with the lock downs which have now been found to be a total waste of time and money.

Hmm, I think the PM of a democracy has an obligation to his tax payers to get their roads and bridges passable, whatever it takes to get bullies blockading them removed.

I don't know downtown Ottawa as I have never been there but did read that there is nearly always a protest of some sort going on down there, that is what downtown Ottawa is like. I accept there must be disruption to the lives of people living in that area and that they must be pretty fed up with it.

I cannot accept that the response by Trudeau has been proportionate in any way shape or form. He has introduced military law against peaceful protestors, he didn't do it when the BLM stuff was going on and people were getting killed, he didn't do it over 911 either.

The peaceful protestors are being met with rooftop snipers, mounted police trampling them in what has widely been regarded as completely reckless behaviour, lines of riot police all armed with pickaxe handles, The police have said they will take the children off the protestors, they will freeze their bank accounts, they will revoke their driving licences and their insurances. Basically they have said they will intentionally destroy their entire lives and you think that is OK?

The stuff going on in Canada against the trucker protest is completely outrageous and I struggle to see how anyone can justify it. I don't approve of the BLM riots or the Insulate Britain actions but I wouldn't want them countered the way the truckers have been.

17 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

I don't know downtown Ottawa as I have never been there but did read that there is nearly always a protest of some sort going on down there, that is what downtown Ottawa is like. I accept there must be disruption to the lives of people living in that area and that they must be pretty fed up with it.

I cannot accept that the response by Trudeau has been proportionate in any way shape or form. He has introduced military law against peaceful protestors, he didn't do it when the BLM stuff was going on and people were getting killed, he didn't do it over 911 either.

The peaceful protestors are being met with rooftop snipers, mounted police trampling them in what has widely been regarded as completely reckless behaviour, lines of riot police all armed with pickaxe handles, The police have said they will take the children off the protestors, they will freeze their bank accounts, they will revoke their driving licences and their insurances. Basically they have said they will intentionally destroy their entire lives and you think that is OK?

The stuff going on in Canada against the trucker protest is completely outrageous and I struggle to see how anyone can justify it. I don't approve of the BLM riots or the Insulate Britain actions but I wouldn't want them countered the way the truckers have been.

Hmm, I'd be keen to hear how you'd clear the roads of bullies for ordinary people lives to resume?

I'd imagine furore has been kicked up about BLM inaction - with demands to prevent that type of law breaking again - ironically called protests by some but no-go-zones are a truer description. Its a danged if ya do and danged if ya don't crisis but a PM cannot allow any group with an agenda to screw up other peoples freedom of passage.

Edited by Dave-G

48 minutes ago, clangerman said:

watch how fast the double standards kick in next time farmers protest here it will be all back slapping and support 

No need to wait just read some post's, truckers illegal behavior blocking roads OK, others extinction rebellion etc doing the same not OK.

Edited by ordnance

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Hmm, I'd be keen to hear how you'd clear the roads of bullies for ordinary people lives to resume?

I'd tell the truckers they are free to refuse the vaccine if they so choose with no negative consequences to their ability to earn a living or go about their other lawful business.

Problem solved.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Hmm, I think the PM of a democracy has an obligation to his tax payers to get their roads and bridges passable, whatever it takes to get bullies blockading them removed.

So a Canadian tiananmen square would be fine by you?

Edited by serrac

6 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Usual take it to the extremes, are the Canadian government sending in the troops and tanks with orders to kill thousands of truckers 🙄

No
But for that poor zimmer-frame driving woman trampled by Police horses, that may well turn out to be her own personal tainanmen square moment.
And how far would you like to see the authorities go if tear gas, rubber bullets, doxing, financial terrorisation and horse trampling just don't cut it?

No
But for that poor zimmer-frame driving woman trampled by Police horses, that may well turn out to be her own personal tainanmen square moment.
And how far would you like to see the authorities go if tear gas, rubber bullets, doxing, financial terrorisation and horse trampling just don't cut it?

I think the police / authorities should act within the law, any that don't should be disciplined or charged.  

2 hours ago, serrac said:

I'd tell the truckers they are free to refuse the vaccine if they so choose with no negative consequences to their ability to earn a living or go about their other lawful business.

Problem solved.

So a Canadian tiananmen square would be fine by you?

Not at all but since you quote such extremes, how would it be if you lived in a cul de sac and some of your neighbours decide to get a political agenda, gang up and block the road until they get free loft insulation and fairy lights from the government?

Would you and your more reasonable neighbours support them - or require the police to get the road cleared so you can all drive your kids to school and get to work?

Edited by Dave-G

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

I think the police / authorities should act within the law, any that don't should be disciplined or charged.  

They invent the laws and have just invented a whole new set of them. Their law now lets the police/authorities not just remove the protestors but then to go on and completely destroy their livelihoods too. The chief of police has said he fully intends to do so even if the protestors pack up and go home.

I struggle to comprehend anyone thinking the current government policies are proportionate and just.

2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Not at all but since you quote such extremes, how would it be if you lived in a cul de sac and some of your neighbours decide to get a political agenda, gang up and block the road until they get free loft insulation and fairy lights from the government?

Would you and your more reasonable neighbours support them - or require the police to get the road cleared so you can all drive your kids to school and get to work?

Well it seems the truckers are receiving substantial support form Ottawa residents who have been supplying them with essentials such as food, water and fuel for their trucks, even at the risk of being criminalised and having their bank accounts frozen by their dictatorial government.  Do you have any examples with evidence of truckers refusing reasonable requests from residents to allow them access to their properties?

And it's not about something trivial like demanding government freebies - it's about bodily autonomy which is a fundamental of liberty.

Do you have any examples with evidence of truckers refusing reasonable requests from residents to allow them access to their properties?

If you cause gridlock like that, you are going to cause disruption to residents like it or not. As for ( reasonable requests from residents to allow them access to their properties ) Resident's should not have to ask anyone for permission to freely go to and from their properties. 

Trampling unresisting demonstrators with horses is lawful in Canada?

I refer to my previous post. 

Ordnance. I think the police / authorities should act within the law, any that don't should be disciplined or charged.

I have watched Trudeau in disbelief. He’s running a police state under draconian covid laws that are now plainly obsolete.

He doubled down on mandatory vaccinations, vaccination passports and a raft of draconian restrictions that effected basic civil liberties and now with omicron it’s clear he’s backed the wrong horse, and then some. He looks beyond daft and weak and he’s doubling down (again) going after the protesting truckers and it won’t end well for him.

In fairness, he was democratically elected and the Canadians have the leader they wanted and deserve.

There used to be a time embarrassed Americans abroad would say they were Canadians, if I were a Canadian travelling abroad right now (assuming Trudeau will let them out the Country) I’d tell everyone I was an American to save the embarrassment.