John Bercow

oowee

3 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

From my personal experience I have nothing but admiration for the man. Long time ago (17 years) I suffered Renal failure and lost my job as an engineer, I was put on job seekers but my Doctor would not sign me fit for work so the ridiculous process of applying for jobs that I knew my Doctor would prevent me from taking started. I underwent a medical at the DHSS local office and the Doctor there said I could work, for example, in a car park checking tickets etc so deemed me fit for work, but my GP still refused to sign me fit. In desperation I made an appointment with Mr Bercow (our local MP at the time) and the man was a godsend, within weeks I had a letter from the DHSS apologising for their harsh treatment and accepting me as long term disabled, but Bercow had not finished, with his guidance we took the DHSS to court and successfully sued for professional  incompetence and they were made to pay just over £4k in damages. So I like the man, he saved my life in a way. 

good outcome....sounds like he was a good MP........its a shame that Bercow didnt stick to what he was good at.........alot of folk start off well then get delusions of grandure...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

From my personal experience I have nothing but admiration for the man. Long time ago (17 years) I suffered Renal failure and lost my job as an engineer, I was put on job seekers but my Doctor would not sign me fit for work so the ridiculous process of applying for jobs that I knew my Doctor would prevent me from taking started. I underwent a medical at the DHSS local office and the Doctor there said I could work, for example, in a car park checking tickets etc so deemed me fit for work, but my GP still refused to sign me fit. In desperation I made an appointment with Mr Bercow (our local MP at the time) and the man was a godsend, within weeks I had a letter from the DHSS apologising for their harsh treatment and accepting me as long term disabled, but Bercow had not finished, with his guidance we took the DHSS to court and successfully sued for professional  incompetence and they were made to pay just over £4k in damages. So I like the man, he saved my life in a way. 

I think he became obsessed about trying to stop Brexit. 

He crossed a red line; as a Speaker (who is supposed to be both non party political and impartial), he set himself to prevent the outcome of a referendum held by the Government being carried through.

When elected as Speaker you can still work on behalf of your constituents representing them, but you customarily do not  maintain any party allegiance or take sides in a debate.  The Speaker is an impartial chairman whose duty is to oversee the fair operation of the House.

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

good outcome....sounds like he was a good MP........its a shame that Bercow didnt stick to what he was good at.........alot of folk start off well then get delusions of grandure...

I often wonder about this. When do MPs change ?, and what make them turn from the decent human beings that enter politics to benefit the country and the people , into the vile blood sucking parasites , that lie , cheat , and steal , just to benefit themselves?.

6 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Fair play to you both . It certainly sounds like he went the extra mile for you 👍.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority, still more when you superadd the tendency or the certainty of corruption by authority."

Lord  Acton

9 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Very pleased for you, ha acted as he should but that is surely not the same as vacuuming the trough?