Browning 525/425/ Miroku MK38

Wylye

13 minutes ago, Wylye said:

Does anyone know if the woodwork fit is common to all the above guns?

If you mean the gun fitting dimensions….?

In theory yes: 36mm to 56mm nose to heel and 14 3/4 inches for length of pull. However there have been a few different variations (525 particularly) which have varied from their catalogue measurements. Of course any second hand offerings could have been altered to fit a previous owner. 

17 minutes ago, Wylye said:

Sorry. I should have been clearer. Will the stock/forend be interchangeable between these models.?

I Knew what you meant, but I can’t help I’m afraid. I know from experience that Winchester 101 woodwork is interchangeable, as I often put the trap fore-end from my 8500 on my Field model. 
I would think the Browning would be, as would the Miroku, but Miroku to Browning? 

Wylye, 

I can’t answer specifics about the woodwork being interchangeable. As Scully says the Browning woodwork should swap over. However, they are subject to some hand finishing. I have used these guns a lot and they occasionally show too much individuality for woodwork to be swapped about (if your unlucky). Give it a go, it could randomly work, but gently does it - they’re not robot made Berettas.

That’s all I can offer. I’m only a user of these guns - but hopefully a gun smith might be along soon to help you. 

Only way to be sure is to try it . Even on production guns there can be slight differences that will stop a stock from fitting correctly .

Wood may be above or below the metal ,guards may not seat or pin holes not line up .Stock bolts vary in length.

A lot of these are epoxy bedded at the back so may need some work before they fit correctly with the bearing surfaces under correct pressures .