DVLA are a joke

walshie

7 hours ago, Vince Green said:

In the end we intervened

Like you, I’ve been there and a sad day it was. My father, now long gone, was a motor bike mechanic before the war after which he entered the motor trade and as a body shop manager his life was cars. Parkinson’s combined with low blood pressure meant that if he stood up quickly he was likely to fall over. Also became prone to mild panic attacks. I had to intervene. My mothers complaint was “how are we going to get the shopping done now?” 

On 11/07/2022 at 16:26, Shambam1962 said:

Well if you think the DVLA are incompetent, you should try dealing with The Kennel Club.

Then you will feel like banging your head against the wall.

My ESS bitch had a litter of 6 pups on 3rd June, and I filled out the online litter registration form on the 7th June and purchased 5 generation pedigree certificates and paid the fee of £174.

Immediately after paying the fee, I received an email to confirm my order and tell me there was big delays in the registration process.

3 weeks later I received an envelope with the registration documents and on opening found only 4 registration documents and 6 KC 5 weeks insurance forms, and no pedigree certificates.

I have sent numerous emails and waited 55 minutes on the phone and still no reply.

The service provided is absolutely shocking.

I take it you have never tried booking a range using the NRA online range booking system.

Or tried to phone them?

On 11/07/2022 at 16:26, Shambam1962 said:

Well if you think the DVLA are incompetent, you should try dealing with The Kennel Club.

Then you will feel like banging your head against the wall.

My ESS bitch had a litter of 6 pups on 3rd June, and I filled out the online litter registration form on the 7th June and purchased 5 generation pedigree certificates and paid the fee of £174.

Immediately after paying the fee, I received an email to confirm my order and tell me there was big delays in the registration process.

3 weeks later I received an envelope with the registration documents and on opening found only 4 registration documents and 6 KC 5 weeks insurance forms, and no pedigree certificates.

I have sent numerous emails and waited 55 minutes on the phone and still no reply.

The service provided is absolutely shocking.

Yes but the KC don't have the ability to urinate on your chips by taking away your means of earning a living?

51 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

I don't think any of you have dealt with Water plus. They take incompetency to a level you could never imagine existed.

I haven’t, but BT and EE take some beating for simple sheer breathtakingly stubborn incompetence. 
I’m not a fan of George Monbiot, but his dealings with VodafoneUK take some beating. 
I think it’s a scale thing; some of these companies are just so big now that they find it difficult to even talk to each other, never mind customers. 🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, Scully said:

I haven’t, but BT and EE take some beating for simple sheer breathtakingly stubborn incompetence. 
I’m not a fan of George Monbiot, but his dealings with VodafoneUK take some beating. 
I think it’s a scale thing; some of these companies are just so big now that they find it difficult to even talk to each other, never mind customers. 🤷‍♂️

Don't forget - BT and Openreach are operated as two different companies - and EE as well - and nobody talks - they email/message/crm and it is all dependant on the levels of those sending and also receiving to convey the information correctly. In other words - you are stuck in "chinese whispers" Hell

DVLA need to be put into special measures - if they aren't already

10 minutes ago, discobob said:

Don't forget - BT and Openreach are operated as two different companies - and EE as well - and nobody talks - they email/message/crm and it is all dependant on the levels of those sending and also receiving to convey the information correctly. In other words - you are stuck in "chinese whispers" Hell

DVLA need to be put into special measures - if they aren't already

That’s certainly the case with us. 66 days now and counting since our ‘seamless’ change over.