Trip up north

WalkedUp

I feel like a little boy on Christmas Eve. Tomorrow I head up north to the Kyle of Tongue with my three boys for a week’s sport. It offers everything for s summer stalking, sea fishing, fly on the Naver, walked up grouse. I’ve got the stalk and three fishing trips booked; need to sort the grouse. I’ll drop some pictures on here upon my return. I wouldn’t normally be able to afford such a trip but my wife’s family have a tiny estate up there so we stay in one of the houses. 

I envy you Walked Up , You have got three very lucky young men who are being brought up in a way that other youngsters could only dream of , what a fabulous week lies ahead , just going up to that part of the world would do me and the chance of a shot of walked up Grouse would be the icing on the cake , one bird we are never likely to shoot in the flat lands .

GOOD LUCK and looking forward to the write ups and the photos .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
3 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Are the kids with you again? Hope you’re all having fun :) 

Yes, the boys are up too. They were disappointed with my returning empty handed from the stalk but we have plenty of fishing to fill the larder. We went out for a lovely meal at the Borgie Lodge Hotel tonight. I had to ignore lots of recommendations as the boys eat real meals and are into good food… they had  venison with dill to start, with a side of rosemary baked Camembert, then shank of lamb with fresh mint and rosemary, no dessert. I wish I had eaten like them when I was young. The eldest (8) was trying to break into the shank to get any marrow out after it had been picked clean. 

B700694B-F8E6-4151-B0B0-5A1BEBA0A60F.jpeg

8AF9C95D-5A84-4882-998A-019E07D00501.jpeg

DF89A783-2E2C-486A-B989-A45670FE3D4F.jpeg

0260BA8F-17C7-42CD-9060-F062E32CB651.jpeg

Edited by WalkedUp