The King has asked Harry to wear uniform. WHY.?

Rem260

1 hour ago, amateur said:

Actually, my original post did mention my belief that the King had to authorise their wearing of uniform, but it was prefaced by AFAIK, so I looked up the 1894 Act, which I was quoting in my second post, to confirm it.

As it happens, in my opinion, neither of them should have been wearing uniform, but, I suppose, the King is rather more tolerant than I.

Just out of a point of interest.......most people are aware of my total dislike for Prince andrew....but i cant say anything on him having the right to pay his respects to his mother.....a mother tends to overlook the waywardness of their children...thats how it is ..for all of us 

But....i question his right to wear his uniform....as an officer that served with bravery...did he technically leave the service he was in ...obviously he has done colour service but is this a continuation of his service as a Royal..........if it is.....why hasnt he been "cashiered".....im sure the service would consider his "acts" to be worthy of that dishonour....but he is wearing his uniform representing that branch of the service.....how do the troops/ratings view this action bestowed upon him ?

Harry is a different matter...he carried out his service and that was that...and the king granted him the privalage of wearing the uniform he was proud of......so no problem there

But andrew is a tricky one.......

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

There is talk of William and Kate taking the  children to Australia, I hope they travel separately  in case of an accident otherwise we could end up with markle as our Queen. From Auntie.

ouch................

GAME of THRONES......version 2

55 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Harry and Andrew, allowed by the King, but why oh why was Edward in uniform, he failed his training!

He is a working Royal and holds the honorary rank of Colonel of the Royal Wessex Yeomanry, so covered by the Act of 1894 

Edited by amateur

1 hour ago, amateur said:

He is a working Royal and holds the honorary rank of Colonel of the Royal Wessex Yeomanry, so covered by the Act of 1894 

Wessex............???.............wessex dosnt exist now ...so it is a fantysy role then.........he's been in the dressing up box again

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

Wessex............???.............wessex dosnt exist now ...so it is a fantysy role then.........he's been in the dressing up box again

The Royal Wessex Yeomanry exists alright as a Reserve regiment, formed by the amalgamation of several West Country Yeomen regiments.

I guess that Her late Majesty had to find a regiment with Wessex in its name for him.

I suppose he could have become honorary Colonel of the Royal Marines!  ......... or would that have been pushing it.

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i think his brain was making appointments his body couldnt keep ..!  when he chose to join the marines

Think there all like that i think i can remember William got to crappy grades at o level then magicaly got into St Andrews 

He didnt have the grades to do the years agriculture course he did so he could run dads estates