The King has asked Harry to wear uniform. WHY.?

Rem260

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

We wouldn't gain anything, but I think the heyday of the Royal Family is long gone. There is a lot of Anti Royal feeling bubblimg in the background, many people are facing financial ruin and some unable to feed their families while they sit and watch this pomp and ceremony, Charles has just inherited 650 million that he will not be paying tax on while people on minimum wages pay tax, added to that the estimated 40 million it's going to cost the tax payer to put a crown on his head. Enough is enough and Charlie boy most likely knows that he holds the future of the Royals in his hand, get this charade out of the way because it's doing nobody any good. 

I knew some half wit would take the bait.

You speak rubbish. Charles has inherited a lot  of money.  He’s not selling up and moving anywhere. William will do the same, then George etc etc. It will always belong indirectly to the country. 

4 hours ago, markm said:

You speak rubbish. Charles has inherited a lot  of money.  He’s not selling up and moving anywhere. William will do the same, then George etc etc. It will always belong indirectly to the country. 

Anybody else would be liable for inheritance tax, the 650 million is a tiny part of his inheritance but, by law, Royalty do not pay such taxes. Not sure how this fortune/assets belong to the country, will he be drip feedimng the money back into the economy? Meanwhile we pay taxes to put a crown on his head at an estimated cost of 40 million. Those who want the Royalty should pay for them and you are welcome to reap the benefits. 

2 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Anybody else would be liable for inheritance tax, the 650 million is a tiny part of his inheritance but, by law, Royalty do not pay such taxes. Not sure how this fortune/assets belong to the country, will he be drip feedimng the money back into the economy? Meanwhile we pay taxes to put a crown on his head at an estimated cost of 40 million. Those who want the Royalty should pay for them and you are welcome to reap the benefits. 

But they won’t go anywhere…. Everything belongs to the crown, which belongs to the UK. Of course they drip feed money back into the economy…. They employ people.

Also, I ain’t a lover or hater of the royal family (I do however dislike the extended lot).

If it makes you feel any better, I’ll drop £1 (what they cost you per year) into your PayPal account. 

3 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Don’t think anyone pays inheritance taxes on forestry and agriculture land 

there wages and costs come from the money generated from the crown estates they get approx 25% of the money generated the rest goes to the country 

yes they cost 

however I think they earn the country far more 

personally don’t want to see it change 

imagine if they let the nature England run the estates and all the foreshore leases (that’s our money as well) 

all royal warrants would be gone so the standards would inevitably drop 

no need for all the horses carriage and armour just get rid of it 

and many more things 

then replace it with a president that would obviously be cost free or would we be swapping a cost for a cost 

It is a shame that some people are so full of venom and feel the need  to vent their spleen over the funeral of a wonderful 96 year old woman,

who as served her country for 70 years and she was still working up to two days before she died , for gods sake let her Family and the Country

lay Her To Rest with the Pomp and Ceremony that Befits  The Queen !   

2 hours ago, scolopax said:

Colonel of the Blues and Royals

Thank you.

It was in today's paper, but I couldn't find anything about her uniform last night. The cocked hat  had me wondering.

Everybody last night was going on about Andrew and Harry being allowed to dress up.

2 hours ago, derbyduck said:

It is a shame that some people are so full of venom and feel the need  to vent their spleen over the funeral of a wonderful 96 year old woman,

who as served her country for 70 years and she was still working up to two days before she died , for gods sake let her Family and the Country

lay Her To Rest with the Pomp and Ceremony that Befits  The Queen !   

Well said how many people you know doing there job at 96

Getting back to Harry,it seems to me the guy cant do right no matter what he does .

He acknowledges that he will never get any where near the top job ,he is also aware that a lot of people ask just what they were paying him for .

So he steps down from Royal duties and settles in the U.S.A. with his family and earns his own money , even so he still returns for charity work during the year ,result he gets slagged left right and centre.

As for the military uniform bit ,for gods sake the guy served in Afghanistan he is entitled to wear the uniform and not in some questionable ceremonial sense ,he actually earned the right to wear it unlike some other members of the family .

51 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Dont think anyone has said he dosent deserve to wear his uniform

AFAIK, unlike in the US where veterans often wear uniforms for special occasions, retired British military personnel are not allowed to wear uniform unless they are in an honorary appointment and had been authorized to wear one

So, until the King authorised it, neither Harry nor Andrew had the right to wear uniform.

1 minute ago, wymberley said:

Can you help out with the right one?

Yes, both Harry and Andrew are not allowed to wear Military Uniform because of their past in digressions.

But can do so with the express permission of the Monarch.

Many ex and serving Military Staff may well be offended, but the King has made his decision and that is the end of the matter.

"It shall not be lawful for any person not serving in Her Majesty’s Military Forces to wear without Her Majesty’s permission the uniform of any of those forces, or any dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of any such uniform: Provided that this enactment shall not prevent . . . . . . any persons from wearing any uniform or dress in the course of a stage play performed in a place duly licensed or authorised for the public performance of stage plays, or in the course of a music hall or circus performance, ........."

extracted from the Uniforms Act 1894

Edited by amateur

17 minutes ago, amateur said:

"It shall not be lawful for any person not serving in Her Majesty’s Military Forces to wear without Her Majesty’s permission the uniform of any of those forces, or any dress having the appearance or bearing any of the regimental or other distinctive marks of any such uniform: Provided that this enactment shall not prevent . . . . . . any persons from wearing any uniform or dress in the course of a stage play performed in a place duly licensed or authorised for the public performance of stage plays, or in the course of a music hall or circus performance, ........."

extracted from the Uniforms Act 1894

I’m intrigued. Could you please clarify the relevance of the post? 

36 minutes ago, Spr1985 said:

I’m intrigued. Could you please clarify the relevance of the post? 

Simply that, as Harry and Andrew are no longer serving members of the Armed Forces and had their honorary ranks removed by the late  Queen, neither of them has the legal right to wear their service uniform unless specifically authorised to do so by the King.

As the King has authorised them to wear their uniforms, they have done so.

Their actual service is irrelevant

23 minutes ago, amateur said:

Simply that, as Harry and Andrew are no longer serving members of the Armed Forces and had their honorary ranks removed by the late  Queen, neither of them has the legal right to wear their service uniform unless specifically authorised to do so by the King.

As the King has authorised them to wear their uniforms, they have done so.

Their actual service is irrelevant

Thank you for clarifying. I thought that you where saying they shouldn’t be wearing them as the king was not mentioned in your original post. 

2 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

Thank you for clarifying. I thought that you where saying they shouldn’t be wearing them as the king was not mentioned in your original post. 

Actually, my original post did mention my belief that the King had to authorise their wearing of uniform, but it was prefaced by AFAIK, so I looked up the 1894 Act, which I was quoting in my second post, to confirm it.

As it happens, in my opinion, neither of them should have been wearing uniform, but, I suppose, the King is rather more tolerant than I.