Something Don't Seem Right ?

marsh man

Hopefully this incident will bring further investigation into the whole company. 

Whilst this is the first major crash I've heard of, it's far from the first AD trailer on it side. 30 I believe was last years tally.

They drive with no care for others, and the boss of the AD plant has been videoing saying she doesn't give a toss if it upsets any one in the area. 

How they haven't killed anyone yet is just pure luck.

33 minutes ago, marsh man said:

You would think there was a age restriction this day and age on the size of the tractor they can drive on public roads and the weight they can carry . I wonder if the insurance cough up if the lad was convicted of driving under the influence ? :hmm:

Only this last week there was an inquest about a young lad who was crushed to death when a fork lift he was driving rolled into him when he got off to check the lorry he was loading , the poor lad had only been there for three weeks and never got to spend his first wage's , he was by himself and a part was faulty that should had prevented the fork lift moving when no one was on it . dangerous ole places to work in the farming industry.:drinks: 

so many accidents with fork lifts............

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Spot on.  In the main tractor drivers, certainly in our area are pretty professional.  It does seem that this was a one off.

I agree that the majority of tractor drivers are very good at what they do , but with the tractors getting bigger are faster then they need to be good at what they do , with a lot of farms cutting back on staff then the ones who are left work longer hours to make up for a smaller crew , the younger ones are keen to earn the extra money and sometimes burn the candle at both ends , it is not unusual when they are combining down on the marshland to cut and cart all night while the moisture levels are right , they might go home for a couple of hours before going back to work to start another day , if you were a heavy goods lorry driver I doubt you would be able to work all those hours , then come the weekend the boys like a night out with there mates or the girl friend after working the long hours , after a good night out it is then back to work which might be another long day , yes they can do it at there age but even youngsters ( and some old ones ) can only do it for so long before something have to give . 

That reminds me of when I was a teenager.  Hauling crops in till dark...11pm back then and then up at 5am to do the milking, then hauling crops again and no front end loaders ans such back then all root fork or hay fork.   Today, air conditioned cab, wi fi , radio and player, full power steering , auto hitches etc etc. all at their finger tips. Different world.

Edited by Walker570

On 29/09/2022 at 19:20, Walker570 said:

No coppers about to see them off. Have not seen a patrolling police car for years.  Would have been manner from heaven in my day.

Had a young woman on her lap top at a red light on a traffic island yesterday, she didn't see the change to green and almost shot forward on red, then went back to the lap top until she got a blasting from me and the 40 tonner behind me ....it will take a week for MY ear drums to get over that.

Down here in Cornwall the coppers turn a blind eye to a whole raft of things because they always have, I think they call it 'Community Policing'

Just been talking to a couple of local lads at a clay shoot this morning who know this lad. 
Apparently the contractors are doing 12 hour shifts and he fell asleep. Also, just come out of  prison not too long ago ; bit of a Richard head by all accounts. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Scully