Stew weather

harrycatcat1

1 hour ago, old'un said:

So a lodger is out of the question, I’ll pay. :)

Looking at the plate your lovely meal is in reminded me of all the blue crockery my nan used to have, my wife collects a bit of the blue willow pattern crockery and keeps it in her display cabinet, not my kind of thing but she's happy.

Talking of blue crockery it always amazes me when I am walking a ploughed field just how much of that stuff is in the fields, well it is around here, make me wonder how it all gets there?

i asked the same question to a farmer.....cause i also found bits of metal and glass and melted lead.......he said in the early 1900's there was a big turnover of labour working on the farm and living in the tide cottages...and he said his grandad was forever having a burn up emptying the cottages after some one had scarpered or moved on ...house clearance..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

Hunters chicken

UK chick (red tractor)

"   spuds

"  broc

"  mushrooms

"  onions

bit of french wine...bit of italian puree...few foreingn muck herbs

P1000587hunters.JPG

Very nice 👌 😋😋😋😋

1 hour ago, old'un said:

So a lodger is out of the question, I’ll pay.

Looking at the plate your lovely meal is in reminded me of all the blue crockery my nan used to have, my wife collects a bit of the blue willow pattern crockery and keeps it in her display cabinet, not my kind of thing but she's happy.

Talking of blue crockery it always amazes me when I am walking a ploughed field just how much of that stuff is in the fields, well it is around here, make me wonder how it all gets there?

Is it Wedgwood 🤔 the blue crockery or am I miles off?

26 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Very nice 👌 😋😋😋😋

Is it Wedgwood 🤔 the blue crockery or am I miles off?

the last pic is Burgess&Leigh of Buslem.pattern maltese...........the other stuff (some of which is willow pattern) is spode.........the plates are smaller than todays plates ..which suits me as i would fill the larger ones up too much..........

10 minutes ago, ditchman said:

the last pic is Burgess&Leigh of Buslem.pattern maltese...........the other stuff (some of which is willow pattern) is spode.........the plates are smaller than todays plates ..which suits me as i would fill the larger ones up too much..........

Very posh, we are still using some mustard patterned ones bought off skeggy Sunday Market in the late 70's 😉

2 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Very posh, we are still using some mustard patterned ones bought off skeggy Sunday Market in the late 70's 😉

not too posh ....you can pick stuff up like this at local sales for pennies............the burgess and leigh stuff is 1912...people dont want them as they have gold edges so you cant put them in the microwave or dishwasher.....

Edited by ditchman

2 hours ago, SuperGoose75 said:

Have to say Dithman's crockery and ovenware adds the touch of class to his ''dishes''and cooking. Rustic but in a classy way!

cheques in the post:good:

love to see folk using "Le creseaut" cookware...i aint got any....seen soooo much of it in skips.....i have alot of Denby cookware for doing oven casseroles...stuff my mum used my wife and my gran used....dont know what it is about denby stuff but stuff (burnt stuff) dosnt stick to it,,,just sooo easy to clean.....

Edited by ditchman

1 hour ago, Gameking said:

Pass the Ditchy 😁

Oxtail Stew  slow cooked for 3 hours, left to cool overnight to develop the flavours, then 3 more hours the following day in the Rayburn

IMG_20221114_182208_resized_20221114_082534241 Oxtail stew Nov 2022.jpg

oooooohhhh jesus my favourte meat for casserole..............i will send you flowers and have your babies.................im going to ring the butcher and order up some oxtail

young folk have never tasted oxtail....they need to put it on ther bucket list...some one on here suggested using it for spag bol....will definatly go down that road :good:.....i like my oxtail stews with some big dumplings.....

right im on a mission now :lol:

Edited by ditchman

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

oooooohhhh jesus my favourte meat for casserole..............i will send you flowers and have your babies.................im going to ring the butcher and order up some oxtail

young folk have never tasted oxtail....they need to put it on ther bucket list...some one on here suggested using it for spag bol....will definatly go down that road :good:.....i like my oxtail stews with some big dumplings.....

right im on a mission now :lol:

I've had most things but I don't think I've ever had ox tail 😕 🤔 I will have to look out for some.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/11/2022 at 16:00, old'un said:

So a lodger is out of the question, I’ll pay. :)

Dutch Delfware was the original white and blue crockery/pottery.

58 minutes ago, London Best said:

I would throw up if I tried to sit at the same table as anyone eating that! 
The smell of fish literally makes me sick.

Pass me the bowl, QUICK 🤢🤮🤣

You can't beat a really nice beef stew,,,, IMHO 😋