Rizzini RB EM

BrowningDJC

If you are buying a 20 bore, I hope you plan to keep it. I have just traded a CG Apex 20 bore that was for sale on a gunshop shelf for 12 months with no interest. On the other hand, there are some excellent deals on 20 bores at present.  I was informed by the shop that people are wary about 20 bores due to the pending 'sustainable ' ammunition debacle  !

Two people I know both bought the above 20 bore Rizzini. I can’t precisely remember when - possibly 3 or 4 years ago. Both guns suffered from double discharge, i.e both barrels firing  from a single trigger pull. After a lot of fuss and nonsense they eventually got their money back. One now has a Beretta EELL, the other a Browning B725. Perhaps Rizzini have sorted the issue (?), as their guns seem to be selling now. 

On 08/11/2022 at 12:38, Westley said:

If you are buying a 20 bore, I hope you plan to keep it. I have just traded a CG Apex 20 bore that was for sale on a gunshop shelf for 12 months with no interest. On the other hand, there are some excellent deals on 20 bores at present.  I was informed by the shop that people are wary about 20 bores due to the pending 'sustainable ' ammunition debacle  !

Used Eley eco steel last year in 20 as I posted and it was very effective. No reason in my view to worry about the longevity of this bore.

1 hour ago, matone said:

The dealers just see the whole fiasco as an opportunity to sell new guns to their less informed customers by playing on suitability issues that generally do not exist!

That is Certainly NOT the case with this dealer, they have been exceptionally fair with both me and new shooter customers that I have taken there. They were the only one of 4 dealers that I had asked for a commission sale on the gun, to consider it.  When I was shown the number of used 20 bores on the rack, it confirmed exactly what they were saying. I had already dropped the price by £500 but still no interest. I was forced to take an even bigger drop in a part ex for a 12 bore, with another dealer.  He has now dropped his selling price by £400, on the price I paid for it 2 years ago. I had only used the gun twice in the time I had it. The gun was fully proofed for use with steel, but the issue seems to be with the pending availability of 'sustainable ' ammunition. 

Edited by Westley

10 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Used Eley eco steel last year in 20 as I posted and it was very effective. No reason in my view to worry about the longevity of this bore.

I’m going to try these next time I have to buy cartridges. I’m sure more and more non toxic loads will be released for 20 bores, and in the end 16 also. 

Its 28 and 410 I feel will struggle with steel, but that’s another topic! 

51 minutes ago, BrowningDJC said:

I’m going to try these next time I have to buy cartridges. I’m sure more and more non toxic loads will be released for 20 bores, and in the end 16 also. 

Its 28 and 410 I feel will struggle with steel, but that’s another topic! 

See if you can try out a recently made used one - no more than a couple of years old. If the cart’s fire one by one, then they’ve sorted the double discharge…?!

I wouldn’t buy without being certain the problem has been resolved. It took ages for my friends to get their money back. On the positive side they are beautiful handling guns in 20g.

8 hours ago, Westley said:

That is Certainly NOT the case with this dealer, they have been exceptionally fair with both me and new shooter customers that I have taken there. They were the only one of 4 dealers that I had asked for a commission sale on the gun, to consider it.  When I was shown the number of used 20 bores on the rack, it confirmed exactly what they were saying. I had already dropped the price by £500 but still no interest. I was forced to take an even bigger drop in a part ex for a 12 bore, with another dealer.  He has now dropped his selling price by £400, on the price I paid for it 2 years ago. I had only used the gun twice in the time I had it. The gun was fully proofed for use with steel, but the issue seems to be with the pending availability of 'sustainable ' ammunition. 

I`m sure there`ll be plenty of `sustainable`ammo available come the time that it is all they can make and sell!

I`ve used the lowest performing (supposedly) 20b steel loads currently available and  found it perfectly acceptable fpr normal shooting,so don`t see an issue...

Last year I also drove a long way to one of your premier Lancashire dealers to look at a gun they had in stock,only to be told that my Beretta o/u was of no interest as it wasn`t steel proofed! An hour later in Yorkshire that same gun was worth £1k in a trade that was done there and then .Like I say it`s largely a ruse imho!

Edited by matone

1 hour ago, matone said:

I`m sure there`ll be plenty of `sustainable`ammo available come the time that it is all they can make and sell!

I`ve used the lowest performing (supposedly) 20b steel loads currently available and  found it perfectly acceptable fpr normal shooting,so don`t see an issue...

Last year I also drove a long way to one of your premier Lancashire dealers to look at a gun they had in stock,only to be told that my Beretta o/u was of no interest as it wasn`t steel proofed! An hour later in Yorkshire that same gun was worth £1k in a trade that was done there and then .Like I say it`s largely a ruse imho!

100% correct