What do you call these?

SuperGoose75

In Ireland they are known as Potato farls,Purdie bread or in the province of Ulster as ''fadge''..! In Scotland they are of cousre called ''Tattie Scones''.. Made from left over mashed spuds and flour and fried in a dry pan the next day, they are divine with a good dollop of butter or a fried egg on top or as part of a fried breakfast.  

Screenshot_20221109-145219_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-145233_Gallery.jpg

10 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Potato  cakes or potato fritters. Bubble and squeek should have cabbage etc etc etc, left over from the meal a day or two before. In fact did just that last week and went and pulled some carrots, chopped them up and cooked them before adding to the mixture.  Home made pear pickle on the side.

Yes, Bubble should at the very least have cabbage in it, I, like yourself add carrot, but also peas and whatever other veg is left over.

If done properly it should also be made from leftover roasties (I know, who ever has leftover roasties), as well as leftover mash.

If you've never added the roast potatoes, do try it, takes it to a whole new level.

Edited by Newbie to this

20 hours ago, Diver One said:

Potato cakes Or sometimes potato scones

had some for my tea last night!

😋👍

20 hours ago, Keith RW said:

Fried Mash in our house, straight into the pan and no additional flour though .....

Nothing wrong with that 👍

20 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Potato cakes, but I much prefer Bubble or Boxty

Bubble of course is delicious and to be honest I have never had or made Boxty. I always new what it was but have never eaten them.

15 hours ago, yates said:

Bubble and squeak here in Yorkshire 

Delicious but not a farl,fadge,scone ect...👍

14 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Potato  cakes or potato fritters. Bubble and squeek should have cabbage etc etc etc, left over from the meal a day or two before. In fact did just that last week and went and pulled some carrots, chopped them up and cooked them before adding to the mixture.  Home made pear pickle on the side.

Sounds delicious, I often have leftover bolied ham in my bubble & squeek as that is usually what the previous dinner consisted of-Spuds,Cabbage and 🐖 bum.

Here is the classic farl/fadge/scone

Edited by SuperGoose75