Brexit again

12gauge82

10 minutes ago, owain said:

You could give several, but haven’t given one?

Also, brexit doesn’t particularly bother me. Certainly not enough to start a thread about it. Maybe I’m not the one who needs to get over it 😉

For me, number one is the ability to elect a government who can control our own rules and laws and the slowing of cheap EU labour that will help push up wages for low paid UK citizens.

But it will be different for everyone. 

Brexit wouldn't bother me either if a load of remoaners would stop trying to undemocraticly over turn it. 

Doesn't bother you, but bothers you enough to comment

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

For me, number one is the ability to elect a government who can control our own rules and laws and the slowing of cheap EU labour that will help push up wages for low paid UK citizens.

But it will be different for everyone. 

Brexit wouldn't bother me either if a load of remoaners would stop trying to undemocraticly over turn it. 

Doesn't bother you, but bothers you enough to comment

It’s just interesting how the only people shouting about brexit are the people who voted for it. It’s almost like you’re still not satisfied. 
But well done for finally thinking of a positive, I won’t tax you with thinking of anymore 😂😂

34 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

The obvious is saving £10b + annually in net contributions to the EU that we never see hide nor hair of.....

This I understand minus the 30bn annual loss  (so far) to the economy.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

It's absolute nonsense, it's not possible that a decision as large and complex as Brexit has absolutely no positives to it. Not accepting that shows your bias. 

I am looking for a UK positive, setting aside the personal negatives that I can find a way around. 

We can only hope that in the process of sorting NI out and the labour shortages and the trade barriers and research obstacles,  that we end up with a more sensible (aligned) solution. 

12 minutes ago, owain said:

It’s just interesting how the only people shouting about brexit are the people who voted for it. It’s almost like you’re still not satisfied. 
But well done for finally thinking of a positive, I won’t tax you with thinking of anymore 😂😂

I didnt need to think of a positive, I thought of them when I cast my vote. Like I said at the time, we should have left with no alignment, we're still signed up to far too much EU alignment. The only thing I'm really unhappy with is the constant attempts at overturning the peoples democratic will. You seem far more upset than me, or you'd just accept brexit has happened. 

18 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I didnt need to think of a positive, I thought of them when I cast my vote. Like I said at the time, we should have left with no alignment, we're still signed up to far too much EU alignment. The only thing I'm really unhappy with is the constant attempts at overturning the peoples democratic will. You seem far more upset than me, or you'd just accept brexit has happened. 

Johnson hasn't delivered Brexit ask our Fishermen and women and NI.   He was never pro Brexit and used it as a tool.  Record immigration levels post Brexit shows the utter contempt he holds for the British public. 

Edited by Weihrauch17

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

So you’re still not happy with brexit then? 😂

Just now, 12gauge82 said:

More so than you, obviously 

What rules and laws have we made for ourselves post Brexit? 

How have wages increased for UK workers now we are out?

Looking at the 10% inflation and the looming winter of strikes and critical labour shortage in key services suggests to me we need to have some sort of visa for workers scheme. 

We could always vote for MEP's but as with the UK we will not always get what we voted for. Even this shambles of a govt with its parliamentary majority was not selected by the majority of voters. Is it even delivering its mandate 😁. Given the shower in power we would be better off importing junkers to run the show for us. 

7 minutes ago, owain said:

I’m ok with brexit 👍

Hopefully one day you will be too.

Your clearly not or you wouldn't be on a forum trying to convince people to change their mind. 

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

What rules and laws have we made for ourselves post Brexit? 

How have wages increased for UK workers now we are out?

Looking at the 10% inflation and the looming winter of strikes and critical labour shortage in key services suggests to me we need to have some sort of visa for workers scheme. 

We could always vote for MEP's but as with the UK we will not always get what we voted for. Even this shambles of a govt with its parliamentary majority was not selected by the majority of voters. Is it even delivering its mandate 😁. Given the shower in power we would be better off importing junkers to run the show for us. 

Given another referendum I'd vote leave again. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

We can only hope that in the process of sorting NI out and the labour shortages and the trade barriers and research obstacles,  that we end up with a more sensible (aligned) solution. 

EU citizens can still come and work in this country. They are not banned, they just have to apply for a job and get a permit. What they can't do is come over and work cash in hand

12 hours ago, oowee said:

The EU had no restriction on vaccines. We were still in the EU when we placed orders. The response to covid by the NHS was also nowt to do with Boris other than the waste of cash on furlough. The response was down to Mike Stevens. 

There are no examples of the UK being being better off as a result of Brexit. 

France, Germany and another country, iirc The Netherlands but could be wrong, were all set to place big orders and the eu told them it would be sorted by one of the many bureaucratic we were financially supporting. They then placed orders with the wrong companies and cried like babies when they ordered late on the good prospects. And tried their darndest to discredit the ones the uk had anything to do with.

Do you have a date for when those very early orders went in from the uk, whoever ordered them.

BTW, I'm all in favour of close ties with our European neighbours, but it should be handled by our existing government departments, not an overly bureaucratic pseudo state where the citizens don't even get a vote on the president 🤷🏻‍♂️

Our main benefit of not being in the eu, is that we aren't in the eu anymore.

There was no question of relative benefits to leaving on the ballot paper. It was should we leave or stay.

Edited by manthing
Never trust a Google search after alcohol lol

7 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Okay you haven't, you've just argued the pitfalls (in your mind) of brexit and been one of the biggest posters on this thread for no reason at all 👍

Again, if you read the thread, I haven’t argued any pit falls, in my head or otherwise.
All I have said is that if brexit hasn’t turned out the way people had hoped, then they should be within their rights to change their minds. 
Brexit obviously isn’t what you wanted or you would have accepted the out come without complaining about it on here 👍

21 minutes ago, owain said:

Again, if you read the thread, I haven’t argued any pit falls, in my head or otherwise.
All I have said is that if brexit hasn’t turned out the way people had hoped, then they should be within their rights to change their minds. 
Brexit obviously isn’t what you wanted or you would have accepted the out come without complaining about it on here 👍

Yeah I can see now, your totally OK with brexit 😂

18 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

, Brexit was never going to be short term gains, it was always a long term vote.

Saying it isn't working after less than 2 years is an absolute joke, especially with everything else going on in the World.

As has been mentioned not just on this thread but many others when Brexit is blamed for the UK's woes - it's funny how Brexit is causing the same problems worldwide.

Spot on.   Trouble today is everyone wants it NOW and that applies to everything.  If there isn't an app for it they are lost in the wilderness.      I sense a serious change in politics in the next few years, either this country will become a communist state or we will get back to being Great Britain with politicians working for the British people, the folk who pay their wages.

I fear that in 25yrs time it will be a country you do not want to live in.

11 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I fear that in 25yrs time it will be a country you do not want to live in.

To be fair this is a view older people have often voiced either of the country they live in or of the youth of today. I come back to the words of the CBI. The best guarantor of Brexit is an economy that grows, it's biggest risk is one that doesn't. 

We are dropping behind the larger economies of Europe and something drastic needs to happen. The question we face is where is change going to come from. It's unlikely to be either of the main parties.

Maybe it comes from a break up of the Union (envisaged by Brexit) allowing what's left to focus on the task at hand. Or maybe it comes from some sort of trade alignment.