Dacia Sandero Stepway

discobob

Took one for a test drive last night as the wife needs a new car (her current one is nigh on 19 years old)

She doesn't like it - You have to use a Key to open the boot, there is a big lip in the boot (she has to put wheelchairs in at times - and no - not mine) and the window controls are located below the radio

For me - it was as rattly as anything - 1st gear sounded like a hairdryer on its last legs and the 0.9TCE engine was gutless unless you had it in high revs - there was also a problem with the drivers seat and adjusting it but that is just that car.

Anyone else driven one??

I bought a new (2021) Duster 1.3 petrol and it's excellent. The boot opens by pressing a button under the letter 'T' on the boot lid. It's quiet to run, plenty of power and I get 45-48 mpg which is excellent considering the hills etc where I live. The one thing that I don't like is that you cannot adjust the timing on the intermittent wipers. The set time is sometimes too slow but there's not enough rain to put them on constant. 

Edited by steve_b_wales

18 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

What make of engine is in them because the diesel I have in my Duster pulls like a train...that is when the computerised garbage lets it....... but thats another story.

Is that model made within the Renault organisation.?

They are Renault engines, Renault owns Dacia.
The excellent 1.5 or 1.6 (later models) Dci engines  in the range are the same as put in all Renaults and Nissans like the Qashquai .

The 0.9 petrol engine is a 3 cyl turbo , so it does sound like a hairdryer, but should still pull well with nearly 90 BHP, if it doesnt, get it checked out.

Lets be real , they are half the price of an equivalent cheap small car, corners have to be cut , and the finish is not great, but they have a good warranty, and the engines are solid for performance and reliability.