Dissapearing Posts

billytheghillie

Your also totally wrong in that 'it' works both ways, society is very skewed in what views you are allowed to express, hence the removal of a perfectly polite and legal discussion, started by Billy. 

Billy started a polite and legal discussion which got removed as it was against Forum rules. oowee makes a polite and legal comment, but gets a sarcy reply. Is it okay for Billy to get sarcy, but not oowee?

PS - I disagree with a fair chunk of oowee's post, but respect his views, whereas I normally agree with all that Billy posts.

54 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Billy started a polite and legal discussion which got removed as it was against Forum rules. oowee makes a polite and legal comment, but gets a sarcy reply. Is it okay for Billy to get sarcy, but not oowee?

PS - I disagree with a fair chunk of oowee's post, but respect his views, whereas I normally agree with all that Billy posts.

No, imo you made a very good point, I'm a huge supporter of freedom of speech and being able to disagree with each other, even when I believe its nonsense. Wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same 👍

Who knows why but maybe just removing the offending post and notifying the member would of worked better 

I often thought i was a bit racist  till my wife came to my work for a xmas party at the chaplaincy while i worked as security at a university all the wardens where there and we each bought a national dish ( i had great fun eating bugs and little fishes )but what made it for me was when i got home my wife says seeing all your dads pals was like being at a meeting of the UN They where a great bunch of folk and the amount of times we jumped in to help them with problem students i made friends for life.

2 hours ago, discobob said:

Someone I know does acting on the side of his retirement - extra's work and all that - he has said his agent has told him it would be useless to send him for castings for adverts as they are looking for a certain demographic

I have some friends that do that. One is a hand model 😁 (good work if you can get it) and another does panto and has been an extra on adds and film.They are white, I better let them know they are wasting there time. 

59 minutes ago, oowee said:

They are white

Now Now Grant  - you brought colour into it not me :whistling:- I tactically used demographic - or perhaps I should have used the plural as the demographics of what they want go beyond the single point that you raised

My mate is still getting work and he generally didn't go for adverts - but you only have to use your own eyes to see that the statement is correct. Meanwhile I believe there are nations in Africa who have banned a certain demographic from their advertising on television etc... and I use the singular there!!

14 minutes ago, discobob said:

Now Now Grant  - you brought colour into it not me - I tactically used demographic - or perhaps I should have used the plural as the demographics of what they want go beyond the single point that you raised

My mate is still getting work and he generally didn't go for adverts - but you only have to use your own eyes to see that the statement is correct. Meanwhile I believe there are nations in Africa who have banned a certain demographic from their advertising on television etc... and I use the singular there!!

😁 It's great work if you can get it. Unfortunately not many roles for my profile :lol: