Chesapeake

Smiler23

1 hour ago, Big Mat said:

They have a certain air of confidence about them.

Has he smiled yet?ย 

A lot of stuff I have seen over recent years just seems much more nervy or timid than I remember dogs to be in the past.ย 
ย 

Labs and Springers.ย 
ย 

My mate bought a lab last year and I saw it last week and I went round his house having not met it before and it was up for having a pop at me.ย 
ย 

I donโ€™t like an aggressive dog but would expect a dog to have some sort of confidence and be aloof with a stranger so it was good to see tbh, my old lab (gone now) was the same.ย 
ย 

I read that Chessieโ€™s share that similar trait and donโ€™t take messing etc, hopefully that confidence carries through for the OP :)ย 

ย 

Pup looks a cracker!ย 

Yes, he smiled this morning when I woke him up...it is such an easy pup to have around.. has a 45 minute play then puts itself back to bed... Doesn't whine to get out, sits there patiently until you let him out of cage... I feed raw . . He will literally eat anything I put in his bowl.... He's clean in cage, and bar a couple of wee,s in the house he gone out side to toilet

Regarding the aggression, when I went to get him, we were greeted with a growl from the dam, several times while we were looking at pups.... Not serious,just a telling ... I don't mind that in a dog.. guarding her home and familyย 

On 23/06/2023 at 18:30, Smiler23 said:

Yes, he smiled this morning when I woke him up...it is such an easy pup to have around.. has a 45 minute play then puts itself back to bed... Doesn't whine to get out, sits there patiently until you let him out of cage... I feed raw . . He will literally eat anything I put in his bowl.... He's clean in cage, and bar a couple of wee,s in the house he gone out side to toilet

Regarding the aggression, when I went to get him, we were greeted with a growl from the dam, several times while we were looking at pups.... Not serious,just a telling ... I don't mind that in a dog.. guarding her home and familyย 

So you've got one then mate. Well done.

Any issues at all, give me a shout.

As you quite rightly say, let the fun begin!

3 hours ago, Smiler23 said:

Easiest pup iv ever had... House trained, comes to whistle,sits to whistle, smiles on command, sits and waits till told to eat.... And in 8 days has put 3.6 kg on... I'm expecting the devil to emerge from him at some point tho

The devil will be along in time, mine was the same!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Aye, he can get a bit grumpy around folk,ย  you would certainly regret coming into my house if I wasn't there... He's 7 months old now, 25" high , 43kg... Doesn't really how big he is, and plays like a puppy should.. only done basic training with him still, but he picks it up easily, no rush to progress with him anymore really till fowling season over, then I can focus on him fully over the summer months ready for next seasonย 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2023 at 16:29, Gerry78 said:

Would love one myself but havenโ€™t found any breeders here in Northern Ireland As the lads say if youโ€™re on mainland Iโ€™m sure thereโ€™s some breeders out thereย 

I got a 3/4 chessie from a lad in Northern Ireland. There is a wo.an called Mary Murray who breeds chesapeakes in Irelandย