Salad Crisis

islandgun

18 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

I use soya sauce, with orange juice, ginger, star anise and garlic amongst other stuff. Dry sherry is a good substitue for Saki. Unbleached cornflour for thickening. I buy Hoisin sauce in bulk and freeze it in plastic tubs. It stays spoonable when frozen, but keeps better. I buy a chunk of ginger root, peel it and cut into thin slices then freeze.

I am lucky there is an Aldi on the edge of the village. Aldi do packs of bean sprouts too. 

You can also buy the green mung beans and sprout them on wet kitchen towel in a plastic tub in the airing cupboard. Rinse well to get rid of the green seed cases and use the sprouts as normal.

try eating bloody bean sprouts with practicly no teeth..........they are not like pussy you cant suck em to death

12 hours ago, ditchman said:

try eating bloody bean sprouts with practicly no teeth..........they are not like pussy you cant suck em to death

Not into fishy Chinese recipes anyway. 🤷‍♀️

Bean sprouts are soft. You don't need teeth. If you can eat al dente peppers, sprouts are fine.

The only thing against them is they look like toxicara canis.

images (1).jpeg

Edited by loriusgarrulus

12 hours ago, ditchman said:

i just get on  with it....what does annoy me is the supermarket...and their packaging policy.......

all i want is ONE SWEET PEPPER for a couple of stir frys.........oh yes ...they have green pepper's ONLY IN PACKS OF 5............who the bloody hell buys 5 green pepper's at one time ????

i dont..so i go without

Thought I was in a minority of one who frequently feels this way. Nice to know I'm not alone 

54 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Depends on the definition of fag. Did you go to Eton. 🤷‍♀️

my demise for my life ahead was the result in flatly refusing to fag for anyone....which cost me dearly in being whipped regular and made outcast...........

26 minutes ago, ditchman said:

my demise for my life ahead was the result in flatly refusing to fag for anyone....which cost me dearly in being whipped regular and made outcast...........

.... but found solace with Fat Sarah

2 hours ago, amateur said:

.... but found solace with Fat Sarah

just to put the record straight ......i never had sexual relations with fat sarah...all i ever did was to relate her exploits in the locality.....

she is happily married to a team of mongolian throat singers..and is living in a yurt and permantly pregnant............

On 23/03/2023 at 17:35, ditchman said:

just to put the record straight ......i never had sexual relations with fat sarah...all i ever did was to relate her exploits in the locality.....

she is happily married to a team of mongolian throat singers..and is living in a yurt and permantly pregnant............

She will be buried in a Y shaped coffin